Italian/Italiano (it-it; 1040)

Where developers, translators, and users meet...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Italian/Italiano (it-it; 1040)

Post by admin »

Marco wrote:
admin wrote:2. A special table of special features: Not planned ATM. Where should that table be located? Who would look for it and where?
Location: I don't know, could be a dedicated page on the site or at the bottom of http://www.xyplorer.com/features.php . The idea is that features with a particular name in English (MDBU, for example, or Tree path tracing, branch view and so on) might have a translated name which doesn't immediately convey the idea.
I think in the long run (with more and more languages) this will be too hard to maintain. Already publishing a new version will become a lot more work than before for me, because the backcatalog now needs to carry the corresponding language files as well. (With the end of the lifetime license more and more users will use out-of-date versions of XY and they need to be able to get LNG files that match their version.) MLS really adds a new dimension to many routine jobs I have to do. But with time I will find ways to automate this and will -- finally! -- get back to coding. My list of revolutionary ideas gets longer and longer and it's time to add some breathtaking new stuff (before the competition is done with copying my breathtaking old stuff, LOL).

Borut

Post by Borut »

I have mentioned my idea recently. Here rephrased...

Table - yes. On the Web site - no. In the program -yes.

Like a simple list of terms, accessible somewhere near the help menu item (or some modifier of F1). Name of the list, for instance: International glossary. Basically it could be the list from the ITT, but containing only carefully selected strings.

Positives:
- Stays under Don's control
- Is basically a one time job (defining which strings to go to list)
- Can be added to it as needed later (new breathtaking specially named features)
- No additional work for translators - the strings are already there

Negatives:
- Possible internal difficulties with defining what goes into the list

Just an idea.
Win 10 Pro 64bit

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You mean without translations = terms that should not be translated?

Borut

Post by Borut »

admin wrote:You mean without translations = terms that should not be translated?
No, although I have advocated that idea recently too, I think.

Here I mean something else: You (with a help and perhaps suggestions of this forum and translators) define which of the current strings might be difficult for users to come up with, when translated. For instance:

Code: Select all

06.0049=      chk.    tag:01|Mouse down blow up:|--|Mouse down blow up:
co.0079=00|branch view|--|branch view
tb.0081=00|Mini Tree|--|Mini Tree
06.0254=(0415)chk.caption:00|&Portable File Associations / Portable Openwith Menu|--|&Portable File Associations / Portable Openwith Menu
ms.1485=00|Rich Copy?|--|Rich Copy?
ms.1486=00|Rich Move?|--|Rich Move?
and the like (perhaps even a small group of explicitly for this purpose defined new group of strings). And then, these are simply presented in a list, together with their translations.

If they are left untranslated for some language, that is also OK (then original and translation stay the same and user can see this fact in the "International glossary list" too) - that decision stays with the translator.

Important to understand: The "International glossary list" would be available only if an explicit .lng file is loaded and active.
Win 10 Pro 64bit

Marco

Post by Marco »

Borut's idea is definitely good. You could give some (carefully) selected strings a special comment, so that in the ITT > View > Show only "Peculiar to XY" this international glossary, or cheat sheet appears.
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

Marco

Post by Marco »

Intanto io prendo un approccio un po' diverso alla revisione, cerco di vedere di volta in volta dall'interfaccia se tutto va ok.

1597 - Aiuto col le Scorciatoie da tastiera
Forse è meglio "con" anziché "col", anche perché per essere corretto dovrebbe essere "colle", che però è parecchio retrò

53 - Nome e Posizione;Peso;Data;Attributi;Tag;Contenuti;Duplicati;Esclusioni;Opzioni
"Dimensioni" anziché "peso"? Ok anche peso rende l'idea, però non mi convince del tutto... Toglierei anche la maiuscola a posizione (eh sì odio tutte le maiuscole :biggrin: )

1294 - Peso
come sopra

1297 - Attr.
"Attributi" ci sta per intero, quindi perché no? (Mi sa che l'abbreviazione risaliva ad anni fa, quando tutta l'interfaccia era più stretta)

1300 - Cont.
come sopra

1303 - Esclusi
Per consistenza con #53 dovrebbe essere "Esclusioni"

Non so se sono solo io fissato con le maiuscole, però guardavo qua http://www.xyplorer.com/images/whatsnew ... nglish.png uno screen in francese e lì di maiuscole, eccetto gli inizi frase, nulla. Flora, io nell'editor di testo che uso quando carico questa regex

(?<=\|--\|.*)[A-Z](?=.*\r\n)
vedo immediatamente tutte le maiuscole delle traduzioni. Se ti va posso aiutarti a togliere quelle di troppo, sempre che non siano una tua precisa scelta stilistica.

@Don: thanks for the screenshot :D I noticed that in the ITT all the keyboard shortcuts are in upper case even if "Ctrl" is properly capitalized in the translation. Bug, not big deal, or what?
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Borut wrote:
admin wrote:You mean without translations = terms that should not be translated?
No, although I have advocated that idea recently too, I think.

Here I mean something else: You (with a help and perhaps suggestions of this forum and translators) define which of the current strings might be difficult for users to come up with, when translated. For instance:

06.0049=      chk.    tag:01|Mouse down blow up:|--|Mouse down blow up:
co.0079=00|branch view|--|branch view
tb.0081=00|Mini Tree|--|Mini Tree
06.0254=(0415)chk.caption:00|&Portable File Associations / Portable Openwith Menu|--|&Portable File Associations / Portable Openwith Menu
ms.1485=00|Rich Copy?|--|Rich Copy?
ms.1486=00|Rich Move?|--|Rich Move?
and the like (perhaps even a small group of explicitly for this purpose defined new group of strings). And then, these are simply presented in a list, together with their translations.

If they are left untranslated for some language, that is also OK (then original and translation stay the same and user can see this fact in the "International glossary list" too) - that decision stays with the translator.

Important to understand: The "International glossary list" would be available only if an explicit .lng file is loaded and active.
I think one could add such a glossary through the ITT.ini. I'll think about it. As a recommendation. Ultimately only the translator should know what's best for his language group.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Marco wrote:@Don: thanks for the screenshot :D I noticed that in the ITT all the keyboard shortcuts are in upper case even if "Ctrl" is properly capitalized in the translation. Bug, not big deal, or what?
Don't know what you mean. :|

Marco

Post by Marco »

I already checked string #23 and it is properly capitalized as "Ctrl"
Attachments
Senza titolo-1.png
Senza titolo-1.png (62.78 KiB) Viewed 3198 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah yes, bug. The ITT menu shortcuts are not completely localized. Next time...

Flora_RMC

Post by Flora_RMC »

Marco wrote:Flora, io nell'editor di testo che uso quando carico questa regex

(?<=\|--\|.*)[A-Z](?=.*\r\n)
vedo immediatamente tutte le maiuscole delle traduzioni. Se ti va posso aiutarti a togliere quelle di troppo, sempre che non siano una tua precisa scelta stilistica.
Grazie Marco, sarebbe proprio un'ottima soluzione cercarle automaticamente. Se puoi, fallo pure; io avevo cercato di ripulire un pò, ma non le noto tanto (ci sono abituata), per cui come vedi me ne sono sfuggite alcune qua e là... Oltretutto i caratteri nel Tool di Traduzione sono veramente piiiiccoli, e ci si cava gli occhi :wink:
L'unico dubbio l'ho nell'eliminare le maiuscole che definiscono un comando/nome specifico, nel mezzo di una frase. Per es. se togli la maiuscola a: Nella colonna Percorso, mostra percorsi relativi rischi che non si capisca, a meno che metti le virgolette: Nella colonna 'percorso' mostra percorsi relativi. :eh:

Flora_RMC

Post by Flora_RMC »

Italian translation, v8.22
Traduzione Italiana, aggiornamento v8.22

Improved. Fixed some issues/inconsistencies. Enjoy! :biggrin:
Attachments
Italian_8.22.zip
(188.24 KiB) Downloaded 132 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Grazie. :)

Marco

Post by Marco »

Don, the Help>Download Language File... doesn't "see" Italian even if the link http://www.xyplorer.com/languages_beta/Italian_8.22.zip is available on http://www.xyplorer.com/languages.php?beta=1#Download . Tried with the latest fresh beta.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I forgot to upload it. :oops: Now it's there.