Multilingual Support

Where developers, translators, and users meet...
tux.

Re: Multilingual Support

Post by tux. »

Mitnichten. Ich pöble stets kenntnisreich!

Karl M

Post by Karl M »

admin wrote:Klar, dass du wieder unqualifiziert rumpöbelst. Aber als Niedersachse verdienst du mein Mitleid, du Ärmster.
Hahahaha... :lol:

Das beste Bier kommt sowieso aus meiner Heimat: Licher Bier!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Karl M wrote:
admin wrote:Klar, dass du wieder unqualifiziert rumpöbelst. Aber als Niedersachse verdienst du mein Mitleid, du Ärmster.
Hahahaha... :lol:

Das beste Bier kommt sowieso aus meiner Heimat: Licher Bier!
Bingo, das ist genau das Volk, für das ich mir die Übersetzungsmühe mache! Da kann man wirklich keine Fremdsprachenkenntnisse erwarten. Prost!

Karl M

Post by Karl M »

admin wrote:Bingo, das ist genau das Volk, für das ich mir die Übersetzungsmühe mache! Da kann man wirklich keine Fremdsprachenkenntnisse erwarten. Prost!
Genau! Woher kennst du uns so gut?

Gibt's dann auch "Oberhessisch"?

Prost aus dem Herzen der Natur nach Köln! :lol:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Karl M wrote:Gibt's dann auch "Oberhessisch"?
Wenn du es willst, wird es so sein. Du musst es aber selber machen. Mein Ziel ist die Komplettversorgung des Planeten, also darf ich selbst abwegigste Dialekte nicht ausschließen.

tux.

Post by tux. »

Einen gälischen XYplorer würde ich glatt einsetzen. Die Leute gucken immer so schön doof.

Karl M

Post by Karl M »

admin wrote:Mein Ziel ist die Komplettversorgung des Planeten
Geil! :ugeek:

FenyX

Post by FenyX »

I'ld be glad to contribute to the French translation. For those wondering why it's interesting for the users as for Don to translate this applications, the answer is simple :
at first even for the english-speaking users, it's always more easy and comfortable to use a soft in our natural language, then lot more users will adopt this soft among the non english-speaking peoples because it's translated in their languages, so Don will get more money for himself and as motivation to continue developing this great everyday used tool with the same attention paid to his users needs and wishes.

By the way, I also use my first post in this forum to thank all the peoples who have contributed to the XY project and of course my warmest thankful thoughts go to the main developer Donald Lessau. :)
Last edited by FenyX on 17 Oct 2012 22:07, edited 1 time in total.

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

FenyX wrote:I'ld be glad to contribute to the French translation. For those wondering why it's interesting for the users as for Don to translate this applications, the answer is simple :
at first even for the english-speaking users, it's always more easy and comfortable to use a soft in our natural language, then lot more users will adopt this soft among the non english-speaking peoples because it's translated in their languages, so Don will get more money for himself and as motivation to continue developing this great everyday used tool with the same attention paid to his users needs and wishes.

By the way, I also use my first post in this forum to thank all the peoples who have contributed to the XY project and of course my warmest thankful thoughts go to the main developer. :)
I don't know any french, except maybe Bonjour!! Welcome to forum!
Its amazing that XY will be spoken in many languages soon. It was bound to happen someday and definitely Don will profit from this.
By the way, Don is the ONLY developer on XY, which is hard to believe but is true.
That being said his development is often faster than 2-3 devs combined, no offense to other devs elsewhere but this is true from my 5 yrs of experience. I think many would agree.

While languages will be awesome, the support and help would be harder to handle, if you ask me something in french it will be hard to understand leave alone answer you, :). And hopefully, we english speakers won't miss out on interesting stuff happening in other language specific forums.
Thinking out loud as i answer this, is there a forum where one can translate on the fly?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

FenyX wrote:I'ld be glad to contribute to the French translation. For those wondering why it's interesting for the users as for Don to translate this applications, the answer is simple :

By the way, I also use my first post in this forum to thank all the peoples who have contributed to the XY project and of course my warmest thankful thoughts go to the main developer Donald Lessau. :)
Hi and welcome!

Thank you, and thanks for your offer!

Actually I just opened a new forum on Multilingual Support:
http://xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewforum.php?f=12

Don

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

admin wrote:Actually I just opened a new forum on Multilingual Support:
Maybe not finished setup yet? Got a "Not authorized to read" when attempting to view it.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

j_c_hallgren wrote:
Maybe not finished setup yet? Got a "Not authorized to read" when attempting to view it.
Same here. Maybe it detects that we are english speakers?
Sorry, had to say this. :lol:
Last edited by serendipity on 17 Oct 2012 22:38, edited 1 time in total.

FenyX

Post by FenyX »

Don is the ONLY developer on XY, which is hard to believe but is true
A manager went to the master programmer and showed him the requirements document for a new application. The manager asked the master: ``How long will it take to design this system if I assign five programmers to it?''
``It will take one year,'' said the master promptly.
``But we need this system immediately or even sooner! How long will it take if I assign ten programmers to it?''
The master programmer frowned. ``In that case, it will take two years.''
``And what if I assign a hundred programmers to it?''
The master programmer shrugged. ``Then the design will never be completed,'' he said.

The Tao of Programming, Geoffrey James, 1986
:wink:

But as you've said, it's difficult to believe that he did it all alone. More than just respectuous, knowing that fact makes me even more admirative.
Actually I just opened a new forum on Multilingual Support
Hi don! Thanks for the info, good to know :D

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

serendipity wrote: is there a forum where one can translate on the fly?
I've used Google Toolbar's Translate page function to read some of the German comments posted here...not perfect but gives basic concepts at least.

I hope the Multilingual Support will be mostly about translations and such, because a user who needs help may thus never get it from us who are English-only if they post there.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

j_c_hallgren wrote:
OH. Better now?