Tree Path Trace all open folders???

Features wanted...
kunkel321

Tree Path Trace all open folders???

Post by kunkel321 »

This is not really "something I want" so much as a "what if."

Have the user assign tree path colors for Level 1, Level 2, etc.
The currently active folder is assigned Path Level 1, next-most-recently active/accessed is level 2, etc.
Upper level paths get drawn on top of older levels...

Of course if I ever assign an arbitrary color to a particular folder, then I'd want the folder path, and the folder tab, to have that color. :whistle:
(ps: My yellow Dropbox folder isn't supposed to be part of my example, it's just a color assigned to it a while back) :)

Edit: After using path tracing for a few more hours, I do have to say that I think having the TAB of the open folder be the same color as it's name in the tree would be useful. Obviously only the active folder tab would have the color. ... Having multiple colored tracings for each folder/tab may actually be overkill, though.
ste(phen|ve) kunkel

admin
Site Admin

Re: Tree Path Trace all open folders???

Post by admin »

Hm, maybe a touch too colorful after all. And, it's not easy to color the tab headers in a acceptable way when they are drawn by visual themes (as opposed to Windows Classic). Visual themes do not provide a native way to color the tab headers so either it would have be drawn upon the themes, or the headers would have to be owner-drawn (by XY instead of by visual themes). Both is problematic aesthetically (and a lot of work for me).

kunkel321

Post by kunkel321 »

Hmm.. That's understandable.

Another thought would be to have the path (if it's shown in the tab) formatted such that the back color = the current tree folder color. Again though, only if it doesn't turn into a coding nightmare :wink:
ste(phen|ve) kunkel

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

kunkel321 wrote:Another thought would be to have the path (if it's shown in the tab) formatted such that the back color = the current tree folder color. Again though, only if it doesn't turn into a coding nightmare :wink:
This is easy because it already exists. :) See Configuration | Colors & Styles | Mirror tree box color in list ...