Welcome to GOTD (GiveawayOfTheDay) users & notice to others

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Welcome to GOTD (GiveawayOfTheDay) users & notice to others

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Want to extend a warm welcome to any users who may visit here as result of the GOTD promotion!

As forum regulars, we'd kindly ask that somewhere in your first post(s) that you indicate that GOTD is the version you are using..or better yet, put it in your phpBB signature block...not that you're any less of a user or forum member, but some options for fixing issues may be limited due to your GOTD license...so that's the notice to other regulars here:

They won't be able to use a beta vers after trial period and GOTD requires their vers to be installed today (feb 06) only and we may see a large influx of new users as result of this so we need to be understanding of this limitation.

Also, we'd ask that you clearly state what OS vers is involved and that you do a reasonable attempt at a search for prior threads here related to same issue as we've covered just about all issues at some point.

Addendum:
If you're a GOTD user and find XY to be valuable to you, here's a couple of things you can do to help out:
1) Promote XY on any blogs or forums that may apply and to friends and post positive reviews on well known sites for such.
2) Treat Don to a cup of coffee or a beer, or maybe lunch or dinner via http://www.xyplorer.com/donation.htm! I'm sure he'll appreciate any contributions!
3) Buy a lifetime Pro license at some point in future so that you'll be able to stay up-to-date with all the updates which occur almost daily!
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

PeterH

Re: Welcome to GOTD (GiveawayOfTheDay) users & notice to oth

Post by PeterH »

j_c_hallgren wrote:They won't be able to use a beta vers after trial period and GOTD requires their vers to be installed today (feb 06) only and we may see a large influx of new users as result of this so we need to be understanding of this limitation.
I'm convinced we will have some fun here! (Problems are fun, aren't they? :roll: )

The biggest fun might be if someone tells a GOTD-user to install a new beta - and he then replaces his GOTD by that beta :o
This could lead to some people not being very happy. It's just a bit risky, I think...
Win11 Pro 223H2 Gerrman

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

PeterH wrote:The biggest fun might be if someone tells a GOTD-user to install a new beta - and he then replaces his GOTD by that beta :o
This could lead to some people not being very happy. It's just a bit risky, I think...
Right...that's why I'm highly suggesting to GOTD users that they add that to their phpBB sig block so we can quickly know that it's not an option for them...

But...it might also provide a good way to prove the worth of buying a license by showing to those who aren't aquainted with Don's methods that it's a worthwhile investment. :wink:
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

njwood60

Post by njwood60 »

Hi I'm a GOTD user who has decided it's worth buying the lifetime licence. I now have the key for the full version but can't find anywhere in the GOTD version to enter the licence key. Can anyone help?

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Cool, thanks!

The GOTD version cannot be upgraded. Simply download the app from here and unlock it: http://www.xyplorer.com/download.php

njwood60

Post by njwood60 »

wow - thanks for the quick reply. Will all my settings be saved? Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

njwood60 wrote:wow - thanks for the quick reply. Will all my settings be saved? Thanks
Sure. Just install over your current version. The installer will not overwrite any settings.

njwood60

Post by njwood60 »

perfect all done in less than 2 minutes all settings there Thanks heaps!