Option to turn off thumbnail & blow up image borders?

Features wanted...
ghost zero

Option to turn off thumbnail & blow up image borders?

Post by ghost zero »

Can we have an option to turn off thumbnail & blow up image borders? I'd rather have the extra screen space to see a larger version of the image. Also, makes for a cleaner look.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Option to turn off thumbnail & blow up image borders?

Post by admin »

It's just a 1-pixel border... but anyway, a big revision on the MDBU feature and thumbnails is planned for the not so far future.

ghost zero

Post by ghost zero »

don, while you're at it, can you add this in version 11.x?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You are the only one...

ghost zero

Post by ghost zero »

thanks for recently adding this options to thumbnails. but can you also add borderless option for blow up?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tried it and borderless actually looks OK. Will make it an option...:)

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hi Don,
In part, this sounds very much like what I was getting at back in a previous posts here within this thread...http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 2&start=15
and here in this thread...http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 783#p73783.

Any chance you would reconsider going a step further and have a feature that permits the user once they get into the MDBU mode - using the right click method (i.e., the picture stays up- blown-up), then be able to peruse through the pictures, staying in the blown-up mode by scrolling with the mouse wheel, arrow keys or other means. I think if you encorporated a feature like that people would rarely use Floating Preview mode. Why bother hitting the Floating Preview button or keys if you could simply stay in MDBU and scroll through your pictures. Users would tend to use this Scrolling MDBU mode or the Full Screen Preview mode.
Thanks again,
Ken
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Floating Preview does exaxtly what you want, only better.

ghost zero

Post by ghost zero »

admin wrote:Tried it and borderless actually looks OK. Will make it an option...:)
thanks don, very much looking forward to it in the next version :D

ghost zero

Post by ghost zero »

klownboy wrote:Hi Don,
In part, this sounds very much like what I was getting at back in a previous posts here within this thread...http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 2&start=15
and here in this thread...http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 783#p73783.

Any chance you would reconsider going a step further and have a feature that permits the user once they get into the MDBU mode - using the right click method (i.e., the picture stays up- blown-up), then be able to peruse through the pictures, staying in the blown-up mode by scrolling with the mouse wheel, arrow keys or other means. I think if you encorporated a feature like that people would rarely use Floating Preview mode. Why bother hitting the Floating Preview button or keys if you could simply stay in MDBU and scroll through your pictures. Users would tend to use this Scrolling MDBU mode or the Full Screen Preview mode.
Thanks again,
Ken
i also like this idea. it would add greater flexibility and convenience to the blow up.

the main difference is that floating preview allows us to resize and reposition the image, and blow up doesn't.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Floating Preview does exaxtly what you want, only better.
Well almost Don, if Floating Preview had an option for a clean frameless picture then you may be right. As ghost zero said, there will be times when someone wants all the information and options available in Floating Preview, but many times we simply want to quickly scroll through the pictures without seeing frames and captions and not needing all the extras. Don't get me wrong, all the extras are are great, but sometimes a simple clean interface is what we want.
Thanks,
Ken
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

eil

Post by eil »

strangly i don't get all the fuss: there were MDBU, Info Preview, Fullscreen -and everybody seemed ok with it. now Floating appears and everybody gets crazy about no-borders and scrolling. :veryconfused:
all the features i mentioned before served different purposes, Floating ought to serve yet one more, but it seems most recent ideas want to make it a mix of all previous(which imo definitely won't make it more useful). :|
Win 7 SP1 x64 100% 1366x768

ghost zero

Post by ghost zero »

bug: borderless blow up doesn't work for fullscreen and floating preview. can you fix this?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ghost zero wrote:bug: borderless blow up doesn't work for fullscreen and floating preview. can you fix this?
Define "does not work".

ghost zero

Post by ghost zero »

the border still shows in blow up for fullscreen and floating preview