Custom Move

Features wanted...
xman

Re: Custom Move

Post by xman »

When "Custom Move" fails, why am I not given an option to try again (so I can, for example, close the offending file)? Sorry if it has been already answered, I didn't find anything.

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

xman wrote:When "Custom Move" fails, why am I not given an option to try again (so I can, for example, close the offending file)? Sorry if it has been already answered, I didn't find anything.
No idea why, but I don't think this has been implemented. There is a setting (Configuration > File Operations > Custom Copy Operations > Configure) for "On failures" which includes "Ask", but it doesn't support retrying.

It sounds like a useful addition to me.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I put it on my list.

eil

Post by eil »

Don, i'm kinda sorry to bring it back, but as i recently found CSK to "Open selected List item(s) with OS default applications." and found it rather useful, i'm again refering to maybe some way for "Shell Copy next operation" to get own CSK..? :roll: just interested maybe you had some ideas about that... :oops: not a toggle = just an ability to make next copy/move with Shell.
Win 7 SP1 x64 100% 1366x768

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

eil wrote:Don, i'm kinda sorry to bring it back, but as i recently found CSK to "Open selected List item(s) with OS default applications." and found it rather useful, i'm again refering to maybe some way for "Shell Copy next operation" to get own CSK..? :roll: just interested maybe you had some ideas about that... :oops: not a toggle = just an ability to make next copy/move with Shell.
No, I don't like one-time toggles. You have a (un-officially-documented, but you know it) gesture for this. What is missing?

eil

Post by eil »

admin wrote:No, I don't like one-time toggles. You have a (un-officially-documented, but you know it) gesture for this. What is missing?
gestures is good as an alternative(at least they work this way in other apps), but CSK has always been a fastest way for "sophisticated users"(for whom this toggle can be useful).
anyways i was just checking for ideas, be course of inspiration "OS default launch"-feature gave me. :wink:
Win 7 SP1 x64 100% 1366x768

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Why is an intra-volume custom move not preserving the dates even tough I have this option checked in "Custom Copy Configuration"?
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

RalphM wrote:Why is an intra-volume custom move not preserving the dates even tough I have this option checked in "Custom Copy Configuration"?
Bump...
And it says in help that with intra-volume moves the dates are preserved anyway, but they aren't in my scenario!
Am I missing sth?
So do I still need to use backup in order to preserve dates and then delete the source files manually?
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

RalphM wrote:
RalphM wrote:Why is an intra-volume custom move not preserving the dates even tough I have this option checked in "Custom Copy Configuration"?
Bump...
And it says in help that with intra-volume moves the dates are preserved anyway, but they aren't in my scenario!
Am I missing sth?
So do I still need to use backup in order to preserve dates and then delete the source files manually?
Works fine here.

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Just found today, that it works on my home pc the way as described, so it is either the XP Pro x64 at work that's messing it up or I'm mistaken and the two locations aren't actually on the same volume (even though they share the same drive letter...) don't know whether that's possible?

Twisten

Post by Twisten »

Its possible, you can mount a drive to a folder instead of giving it a drive letter.
The question is, does XYplorer cares in that case and considers it as 'NOT' an intra-volume move.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is this still a problem? I don't see anything here that could cause the dates not being preserved.

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Haven't checked recently, I just reverted to use backupto and delte the selection afterwards in the source folder, but will check again and report back.

1024mb

Post by 1024mb »

OK, since there is already a topic about this, I will post my question here.
Is there a way for Custom Copy/Move to only queue operations (be copy or move) when there is already one operation processing in the same drive as the source?
I mean, for example if I'm copying from C to D and then I want to copy from E to F, how can I make it so it won't queue the second operation and I don't have to wait for the first copy to finish to have my second copy started? I want them both to be processed at the same time. The same goes for move operations.
What I do want to be queued are the operations within the same source drive, for example if I want to copy from C to D and then make another copy from C to E then, in that case, I do want XYCopy to queue the operation (same with move operations).

How can I do that?
Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That's not possible. At the moment it's queue all or nothing.