Free Giveaway

Say it if you mean it...
Trasd

Free Giveaway

Post by Trasd »

There are some sites that offer free giveaways, basically for advertisement (these apps do not come with support or updates) - XYPlorer is featured today (one day only). The sites are everywhere but here is the site I check: http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

This should increase its popularity!

FYI...
Trasd

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." A.C.C.

"I'll tell you this, no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn." J. M.

Wanda

Re: Free Giveaway

Post by Wanda »

i'd really like to say thanks to the team as i got the full programme in the giveaway day. I won't tell people the way i got but i will certainly tell them as much as i can how great the program is.
thanks, thanks, thanks

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Wanda wrote:i'd really like to say thanks to the team as i got the full programme in the giveaway day. I won't tell people the way i got but i will certainly tell them as much as i can how great the program is.
thanks, thanks, thanks
And as from the other thread:
j_c_hallgren wrote: If you're a GOTD user and find XY to be valuable to you, here's a couple of things you can do to help out:
1) Promote XY on any blogs or forums that may apply and to friends and post positive reviews on well known sites for such.
2) Treat Don to a cup of coffee or a beer, or maybe lunch or dinner via http://www.xyplorer.com/donation.htm! I'm sure he'll appreciate any contributions!
3) Buy a lifetime Pro license at some point in future so that you'll be able to stay up-to-date with all the updates which occur almost daily!
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

Trasd

Post by Trasd »

Thanks JC!

I had a feeling there was a thread, but I couldn't find it or I overlooked it. I love the amount of information here, but sometimes it can be difficult to wade through.

It is a good promotion, though - great advertisement. Believe it or not, my father was down visiting and asked me which file manager I used on the day of the give-a-way! What luck, though he will purchase a license if he likes it.
Trasd

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." A.C.C.

"I'll tell you this, no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn." J. M.

Jules

Post by Jules »

I downloaded the XY Pro version during the GAOTD freebie after a friend on another board gave that group the head's up, played with it for a couple of days, and purchased the Full License In Perpetuity - Amen! this morning.

While I'm still exploring all the options, I can see that Windows Explorer has just become obsolete, as far as my needs are concerned.

An example: I was able to quickly extract and copy over 1900 free font files that were nested inside individual RAR files, which were in individual folders along with a bunch of other unnecessary garbage, packed inside individual zip files, all of which was inside a big batch folder. All I had to do was point XY at the batch folder and tell it to find the TTF files. It searched for, oh, about ten seconds, and gave me the complete list. I selected those and copied just the TTF files into another folder that I had set up to hold them.

That one operation, which took maybe all of two minutes total, including creating the file to hold the results, probably saved me weeks of work! (The bigger batch file of 3500 fonts took ten minutes, but that was because I was a bit shaky, not really believing that it worked the first time, and I had to do it reeeally slowly the second time to make sure. :shock: )

(Just for grins, I then tried to do the same thing using the Search tool in Windows Explorer. It hung up after finding one font file, and then didn't go looking for any more.)

I've created a dozen "Micro-scripts" and stuck them in the Catalog for easy access - basically just GoTo User Commands for the areas I hit the most, but they've already saved me a ton of time navigating through my rather cumbersome Win7 file tree.

I've used the Find dialog to pick up only the files added or modified since my last backup, and with a little more learning, I want to try to write a script to automate all or parts of it.

Oh yeah, this is one sweet little program!

Nice to meet you all! I'm sure i'll become quite a pest (with questions and whatnot) before it's all over. :roll:

Jules :D

avsfan

Post by avsfan »

Welcome! Sounds like you're really jumped in quickly -- that's great! We try to be a very helpful bunch here -- we just ask that people try to search for answers to their questions before asking (and we realize that searching doesn't always give us what we want). Your first post makes me think that's not going to be an issue for you, as it appears that you're very willing and able to figure things out (cool!). I'm sure we'll be learning things from you before long!

Again, welcome!

andy

Jules

Post by Jules »

avsfan wrote:Welcome! Sounds like you're really jumped in quickly -- that's great! We try to be a very helpful bunch here -- we just ask that people try to search for answers to their questions before asking (and we realize that searching doesn't always give us what we want). Your first post makes me think that's not going to be an issue for you, as it appears that you're very willing and able to figure things out (cool!). I'm sure we'll be learning things from you before long!

Again, welcome!

andy
Thanks! It's like Christmas in February! I want to read through all those juicy scripts and tips as soon as time permits. (Although the couple I've looked at are so intimidating, I wouldn't worry about me jumping in with answers any time soon. Chuckle!) :mrgreen:

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

@Jules:
Welcome and thanks for buying the license. Seems like XY is already giving you back your money's worth.
Enjoy your stay! :D

Jules

Post by Jules »

serendipity wrote:@Jules:
Welcome and thanks for buying the license. Seems like XY is already giving you back your money's worth.
Thank you! (Yes, I'm seriously lovin' it!)

Just one question before I head off....is there a specific area where you prefer that people introduce themselves, do general chat, or respond to welcomes? (Don't want to tie up the whole thread).

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

Jules wrote:
serendipity wrote:@Jules:
Thank you! (Yes, I'm seriously lovin' it!)

Just one question before I head off....is there a specific area where you prefer that people introduce themselves, do general chat, or respond to welcomes? (Don't want to tie up the whole thread).
There's no specific area for this, people come up with wishes, bugs and so forth and introduce themselves there. Don't worry, there was nothing odd in you introducing yourself in this thread. Its always good to see user testimonials. But for general questions, "Tips & Tricks, Questions & Answers" section is the best.

Jules

Post by Jules »

Thanks. (Can't wait to try that makecoffee command!) :wink:

Update: Oh my Ever-Loving God!!!! It actually makes coffee! :D

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Jules wrote:Just one question before I head off....is there a specific area where you prefer that people introduce themselves, do general chat, or respond to welcomes? (Don't want to tie up the whole thread).
Hi and welcome to the XY forums!

I also say THANKS for making the purchase because it makes Don happy!

The only thing about forum etiquette here is that we're NOT all that picky, in that if you create a thread in TTQ&A and find that it morphs into a wish, you don't have to duplicate it in Wish forum...as we and Don read all forums...and if you find an old thread that deals with the specific topic, even 2+ yrs old, feel free to reopen/restart it.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

Jules

Post by Jules »

j_c_hallgren wrote:....... we and Don read all forums...and if you find an old thread that deals with the specific topic, even 2+ yrs old, feel free to reopen/restart it.
I know how much work that is.
Thanks for the welcome!

Jules :mrgreen: