Direct Folder

What other productivity software are you working with...
Anselma

Direct Folder

Post by Anselma »

Listary is a decent free application to quickly search for and jump to your favorite folders or files. I happened to know it from Giveaway of the Day and have become to love it since then. You can integrate Listary into many programs, including XYplorer. By doing so, simply middle-clicking inside any of XYplorer tab and you will have your current view set at the desired path. With a few bucks, you can get a Pro version loaded with more features. And it also comes with lifetime updates policy.
Last edited by Anselma on 06 Feb 2012 08:46, edited 1 time in total.

Minimax

Re: Direct Folder

Post by Minimax »

Hi

Does it integrate with XYplorer? Incremental search or "Find as you Type" is the only feature of Listary making it worth checking out for me.
Thanks for the tip though.

Regards

Anselma

Post by Anselma »

Yes, it does. Go to the Compatibility tab within Listary Options to see if XYplorer is already checked (there is built-in preset for this). Middle click mouse on XYplorer tab to test it.

atjnjk

Post by atjnjk »

I've tested Listary Portable and found out that "Find as you Type" feature didn't work in XYplorer.

Minimax

Post by Minimax »

Ditto

Anselma

Post by Anselma »

The thing you mean by "Find as you type", is it the Listary toolbar which displays automatically when we type something inside Windows Explorer? Such name is featured on Directory Opus too.

The truth is Listary toolbar integrates with XYplorer but not in such automatic manner as to that with Explorer because....... well, XYplorer is not Windows Explorer. We have to call it out first by using predefined hotkey. This applies to Listary fixed and portable. The same goes for Listary with Directory Opus.