Some nice XYplorer screenshots

Say it if you mean it...
zridling

Some nice XYplorer screenshots

Post by zridling »

I don't know everything about XYplorer yet, but it's important to make accurate comparisons to other programs, as in this Fileforum review by me (zridling). Also, I created a few huge screenshots of my "stripped down" XYplorer layout here:
http://www.anova.org/target/xyplorer/ (warning, big files)

. . . Image

I'll be updating my site below later this month with XYplorer listed.
- Zaine Ridling, The Great Software blog

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Remember that the audience for this product is not just young males so there are some who would likely find some photos in your screenshot objectionable and definitely some of the folder names in the directory tree. They might be :oops: or offended...I see that some names have been blurred in the pix posted here but are not on your site...that's the issue.

I think one could create a screenshot that would be acceptable to any audience and yet is interesting enough to capture attention.

This is strictly MY opinion...let's see what Admin thinks about it...
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

zridling

Post by zridling »

Well, I'm almost 45 years old, and there's no nudity anywhere. And everything is blurred. If you visit my site below, you'll see even more screenshots that I like because it's on my domain. I don't write or post for 8-year olds and never will. I'm proud that the net is not like TV, ha! :lol:

Oh, and I'm not selling the product, just posting some screenshots. If you're offended by beauty, then methinks you protest too much.
- Zaine Ridling, The Great Software blog

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

At the time that I posted my first reply, I went to your site and saw the UNblurred file names...it appears that you have since changed that...good! However, the blurring in the 2nd shot is not as well done as the 1st so some text is still readable...Simply using a different portion of your directory tree would avoid the problem completely...such as you did on the "D:/text" one.

However, there are other images on the screenshots there that, although not nudity, still might be objectionable to some female users (and there may be some) as they are politically incorrect in todays environment...It doesn't bother ME, but one has to consider that in any site which is linked to from a forum hosted by the program author...but as stated, I'll defer to him to decide how to handle it...ok?
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well.

I guess, seeing your screenshots most Europeans will experience reactions somewhere on the spectrum between boredom and pleasure plus a fistful of anger (for sexism) and another a fistful of more anger (because the models appear to be very young).

However, folks from other ends of the planet, particularly the US and the Islamic world, will show much less tolerance, I fear, and will feel offended. That's a fact, whether you care about it or not.

If you're grown up, no matter where you from and notwithstanding all the beauty, these pics are primarily to be seen as part of the sex-for-money business, and I'm not really enthusiastic about this kind of cross-selling here. It's rather distractive don't you think?

Furthermore I don't see the particular intention of posting this shot under Reviews. It shows the "Mouse Down Blow Up" function but does not say so. So...?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Some nice XYplorer screenshots

Post by admin »

zridling wrote:I don't know everything about XYplorer yet, but it's important to make accurate comparisons to other programs, as in this Fileforum review by me (zridling).
Oh yes, nice review, thanks!! :D Your screenshots have been so distractive that I totally forgot to mention! :wink: