Remove 2 pixel borders within both the panes and tree?

Features wanted...
ghost zero

Remove 2 pixel borders within both the panes and tree?

Post by ghost zero »

Change Log for the latest XYplorer BETA version (v9.40.0105, 31-aug-2010).

List: Experimentally enlarged the width by 2 pixels by removing
the right border (unless it's the left list in DP mode), so that
any vertical scrollbar touches the right window border. This is in
accordance with Explorer's behavior.
A particular advantage of this new behavior is that in a maximized
XY window you now can throw the mouse pointer at the right window
margin and be sure to hit the vertical scrollbar if there is any.
Another advantage is that 2 horizontal pixels are gained.
There also seems to be 2 pixel borders within both the panes and tree. They create kind of an indented 3d border all around the insides. Can these 2 pixel borders also be removed to gain more pixel space? Removing these unnecessary lines would also make the interface look more clean and simple.

Or at least also remove the 2 pixel border at the leftmost side of the tree for balance?

Demset

Re: Remove 2 pixel borders within both the panes and tree?

Post by Demset »

I can't say I agree. I'd argue that the padding is necessary so that you don't have text melting into the edges of the panes. You need some padding, and I think it's perfect as is. I wouldn't want to see that dissappear.

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

ghost zero wrote:There also seems to be 2 pixel borders within both the panes and tree. They create kind of an indented 3d border all around the insides. Can these 2 pixel borders also be removed to gain more pixel space? Removing these unnecessary lines would also make the interface look more clean and simple.

Or at least also remove the 2 pixel border at the leftmost side of the tree for balance?
I'm not sure of the status ("somewhere in the UI I didn't look"/tweak/undocumented) of this setting in the .ini file, but this one seems promising:

Code: Select all

WinVistaExtraLineSpacing=2
Setting it to 0 may help.

ghost zero

Post by ghost zero »

nas8e9 wrote:
ghost zero wrote:There also seems to be 2 pixel borders within both the panes and tree. They create kind of an indented 3d border all around the insides. Can these 2 pixel borders also be removed to gain more pixel space? Removing these unnecessary lines would also make the interface look more clean and simple.

I'm not sure of the status ("somewhere in the UI I didn't look"/tweak/undocumented) of this setting in the .ini file, but this one seems promising:

Code: Select all

WinVistaExtraLineSpacing=2
Setting it to 0 may help.
that is something else

ghost zero

Post by ghost zero »

Demset wrote:I can't say I agree. I'd argue that the padding is necessary so that you don't have text melting into the edges of the panes. You need some padding, and I think it's perfect as is. I wouldn't want to see that dissappear.
but it already has "text melting into the edges of the panes". the padding at the moment is just extra lines.