Toolbar Scrolling not working

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Toolbar Scrolling not working

Post by admin »

j_c_hallgren wrote:Just tried it and seems to be working ok...except for a possible glitch in icon for "Forward" when there isn't any locations...shows a blank square... I know that icon is gray as is background on context menu but still needs something there.
SS - 03-02-10 @ 10-11-28001.jpg
And as shown, increasing the min width of AB to 100 still doesn't make it really usable...I still would love a setting somewhere that would provide the min pixel count that we want instead of a fixed value.

Now that we have dropdown, I would gladly shove some TB icons to 'overflow' to get a somewhat usable AB but since I have no way of defining where that split occurs, I'm kinda stuck with a tiny AB.
I see. I will add something. (I have no time now to add another splitter to do resizing by dragging.)

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Let's move the AB width issue over to this http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 48&start=0 thread about that specific item...so see my reply there.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

TheQwerty wrote:The overflow doesn't appear to update when you scroll the toolbar via wheel, it remains the same items that were there originally, but scrolling by dragging updates the menu.
Also, when wheeling sometimes the button on the right remains only half visible. It works, and dragging will take care of showing it all or hiding it depending on what's possible.

As mentioned by jc, when I wanted to try this overflow button, I had to try really hard. I mean, it's only once the AB is really small that it shows up, but also - and though it is only a tweak - when you have TB & Tabs on the same row, there's no way you'll ever get the overflow, the TB will eat you tab if it has to!

(So yeah, maybe a setting (on Config TB) could be added: show up to n buttons (after that, it's overflow) wouldn't be a bad idea? For those who have that old single-pane layout (not that I am interested personally), or those who might want a long AB and yet easily have some extra TB buttons available in a click...)
Proud XYplorer Fanatic