Reference Guide - Script Tour

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
SkyFrontier

Reference Guide - Script Tour

Post by SkyFrontier »

For the sake of XYplorer's New User's Reference Guide, I'm opening this thread in order to start the most complicated part of the (project?) - gathering scripts in a single thread for the ordinary user.
What is expected:
-Scripters could take one of each script/variable available and, focused on it, develop a useful tool having a day-by-day usage in mind. Useful: think on a demo approach of each script/variable combined with daily, simple needs. Of course those scripts may need to refer to other functions, so a special care on internal linking in the means of a Wiki will be welcome.
-Comments on each step of the script (desirable), aiming the non-scripters understanding.
-Please do not post comments on the scripts themselves, only updates or technical observations/corrections.

The above URL contains a file named "Scripting.txt" - only scripts/references taken out of history.txt, which may turn easy to scroll down the available XYplorer scripts.

Of course the whole thing relies on community support, and as I can see that will be a great step for all of us and a greater step for XYplorer's acceptance.

Thank you all and let's make 2010 a turning point!
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Re: Reference Guide - Script Tour

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Personally, I would see this as something that might best be handled via either http://88.191.26.34/XYscripts/ or a similar page.

Of course, each command has its own page via bottom of http://88.191.26.34/XYwiki/index.php/Scripting so maybe those pages could be enhanced a bit.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

SkyFrontier

Re: Reference Guide - Script Tour

Post by SkyFrontier »

Being offline most of the time I simply CAN'T work with the Wiki format. Anyway, I'll try to post collected scripts in here anyway and who have the rights and set ups use them any way they can in honor to XYplorer. Thanks for being responsive here and in the New User's Reference Guide thread.
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...