Ctrl+Space support

Features wanted...
Creat

Ctrl+Space support

Post by Creat »

Once again a pretty small thing that would make my life even better :)

In most ListViews you can - like in yours too - hold down Ctrl to change the active entry (file) without moving/changing the current selection (i.e. just moving the dottet outline, would be a more visual explanation). Now the normal ListView allows to toggle the selection of the current file with Ctrl+Space (explorer, and all other apps I know that use a listbox for files or something else) which is a convenient way to expand a selction file-by-file with the keyboard (like Ctrl-LMouse).

It would be great if you could add this (no rush though :) )

bye
Creat

admin
Site Admin

Re: Ctrl+Space support

Post by admin »

Nice, I did not know that! :D

cycletronic

Post by cycletronic »

I was just thinking about this today.

Another thing you'll want to add support for while you're at it is CTRL+SHIFT+SPACE... this is for ranged selection. Play around with these in ye olde archaic explorer to see how they work. It's nice when I'm eating chips with one hand so I don't have to reach for the mouse and get it all greasy.

But yes, not a really big hurry on this one.

diarrhio

Post by diarrhio »

I'm just gonna add this ticky tack thing to this thread instead of creating a new one.

In the File List, click-drag so you "rect" select a group of files.

Now, hold down CTRL while you "rect" select another group of files. The original selection disappears. It shouldn't, it should accumulate select. This is in contrast to when you CTRL click on other files, where it correctly does accumulate select.
cycletronic wrote:..in ye olde archaic explorer...
Nice :lol:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

diarrhio wrote:I'm just gonna add this ticky tack thing to this thread instead of creating a new one.

In the File List, click-drag so you "rect" select a group of files.

Now, hold down CTRL while you "rect" select another group of files. The original selection disappears. It shouldn't, it should accumulate select. This is in contrast to when you CTRL click on other files, where it correctly does accumulate select.
Well, in fact it should toggle select :wink: but ironically what I managed to do in a ticky tacky way is a mixture of accumulative and toggle select. Maybe it's even cool, once you know how to handle it. Dig it!