Can the inputfolder command return Short Path Names

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
Lare2

Can the inputfolder command return Short Path Names

Post by Lare2 »

Is there a way to make the inputfolder command return the Short Path Names of a selected folder instead of the full path name.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Can the inputfolder command return Short Path Names

Post by admin »

Lare2 wrote:Is there a way to make the inputfolder command return the Short Path Names of a selected folder instead of the full path name.
No, and I'd rather give you an extra function to convert long to short names. But only if you tell my for what you need it. :P

Lare2

Post by Lare2 »

I probably don't need it so please take a look at the code below. (which TheQwerty helped me put together)

Code: Select all

/*------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This script is the default entry point.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
"Main"
   Sub("_setPaths"); //Declare and set the global vars.
   Load("*", "_clipboard;_curItem"); //Load the desired menu, which can now use the global vars.

/*------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This script sets the global variables to be used by other WGET SCRIPTS.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
"_setPaths"
   Global $wget, $target;
   $wget = <xypath>\wget\wget; // WGET EXE PATH
   $target = C:\DOCUME~1\Carlos\Desktop\Downloads; // TARGET DOWNLOAD FOLDER

01   D O W N L O A D   F R O M   C L I P B O A R D

This script will download the URL on the clipboard
WGET ARGUMENTS = run """cmd"" /k ""[WGET PATH]"" --directory-prefix=[TARGET PATH] [URL]"

"Download File On Clipboard : _clipboard"
   Global $wget, $target;

msg Would you like to download the following <br><br> <clipboard>, 1; // CONFIRM URL TO DOWNLOAD WITH MESSAGE BOX

run """cmd"" /k ""$wget"" -c --directory-prefix=$target <clipboard>"; // WGET COMMAND ARGUMENTS

02   D O W N L O A D   F R O M  F I L E

This script will attempt to download a series of links from a TXT file.

"Download From Links On Selected File : _curItem"
   Global $wget, $target;

$linktxt = readfile(<curitem>);
   msg The following files will be downloaded <br><br>$linktxt, 1;

run """cmd"" /k ""$wget"" -c --directory-prefix=$target --input-file=<curitem>";
I want to change the following part

$target = C:\DOCUME~1\Carlos\Desktop\Downloads; // TARGET DOWNLOAD FOLDER
with something like the following

inputfolder $target, c:\ , Select the target folder;
When i tried the above, WGET (cmd program) truncates the path. If I select Desktop from the dialog box then WGET truncates the path to C:\Documents instead of C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\

My complete lack of knowledge about scripting tells me that there should be a way to do this without my request. :D

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Try to quote your $target in the run command...

Generally: Are quotes very expensive where you come from? Your code really could need some more... :wink:

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

Lare2 wrote:When i tried the above, WGET (cmd program) truncates the path. If I select Desktop from the dialog box then WGET truncates the path to C:\Documents instead of C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\
It's not so much that you need the short name as you need to quote the path since it contains spaces.

Try this:

This script is the default entry point.
"Main"
   Sub("_setPaths"); //Declare and set the global vars.
   Load("*", "_clipboard;_curItem"); //Load the desired menu, which can now use the global vars.

This script sets the global variables to be used by other WGET SCRIPTS.
"_setPaths"
   Global $wget, $target;
   $wget = "<xypath>\wget\wget"; // WGET EXE PATH
   $target = "C:\DOCUME~1\Carlos\Desktop\Downloads"; // TARGET DOWNLOAD FOLDER

01   D O W N L O A D   F R O M   C L I P B O A R D

This script will download the URL on the clipboard
WGET ARGUMENTS = run """cmd"" /k ""[WGET PATH]"" --directory-prefix=[TARGET PATH] [URL]"

"Download File On Clipboard : _clipboard"
   Global $wget, $target;

msg "Would you like to download the following <br><br> <clipboard>", 1; // CONFIRM URL TO DOWNLOAD WITH MESSAGE BOX

run """cmd"" /k ""$wget"" -c --directory-prefix=""$target"" ""<clipboard>"""; // WGET COMMAND ARGUMENTS

02   D O W N L O A D   F R O M  F I L E

This script will attempt to download a series of links from a TXT file.

"Download From Links On Selected File : _curItem"
   Global $wget, $target;

$linktxt = readfile("<curitem>");
   msg "The following files will be downloaded <br><br>$linktxt", 1;

run """cmd"" /k ""$wget"" -c --directory-prefix=""$target"" --input-file=""<curitem>""";
EDIT: Don, I will admit I'd like to see SplitPath and Rel2Abs/Abs2Rel functions.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

admin wrote:Try to quote your $target in the run command...

Generally: Are quotes very expensive where you come from? Your code really could need some more... :wink:
I'd simply do this:

inputfolder $target, "c:\" , "Select the target folder";
//put the quotes into the var
$target = quote($target);

Lare2

Post by Lare2 »

Amazing what someone can learn by asking. :)

As a person that learns mainly by example, I really apreciate you for taking the time to respond.

Thank you again guys for the help.