User Button to Default values

Features wanted...
aurumdigitus

User Button to Default values

Post by aurumdigitus »

To avoid possible confusion it might be advantageous to have User Button #X reset to all default value when returned to "Available Buttons".

admin
Site Admin

Re: User Button to Default values

Post by admin »

aurumdigitus wrote:To avoid possible confusion it might be advantageous to have User Button #X reset to all default value when returned to "Available Buttons".
You mean to remove Name/Icon/Script? I would not do that. It's good to keep that in store. Think of the countless different toolbars you can have using the toolbar scripting command.

aurumdigitus

Post by aurumdigitus »

Your vision of the program is more circumspect than mine; hadn't thought of that. :oops:

aurumdigitus

Post by aurumdigitus »

After some head scratching cobbled together a simple script that changes among three TB's. Now really see your point. If the buttons were reset on return to the hopper that would almost defeat the whole purpose of CBT.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

aurumdigitus wrote:After some head scratching cobbled together a simple script that changes among three TB's. Now really see your point. If the buttons were reset on return to the hopper that would almost defeat the whole purpose of CBT.
Bingo. I will surely increase the number of user buttons in the future, yeah probably make it unlimited. So everybody can create a nice collection of user buttons for harsh times and/or sell them on the market.

aurumdigitus

Small error - much lost time

Post by aurumdigitus »

Finishing up the script for changing TB's (total is now six), on one bar one button would not appear. Spent 15 minutes looking for error in code; could not find. Went away, got cup of coffee and put glasses on.

Looking again the missing button had a space after the name before the comma. Question: Is this the anticipated behavior?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Small error - much lost time

Post by admin »

aurumdigitus wrote:Finishing up the script for changing TB's (total is now six), on one bar one button would not appear. Spent 15 minutes looking for error in code; could not find. Went away, got cup of coffee and put glasses on.

Looking again the missing button had a space after the name before the comma. Question: Is this the anticipated behavior?
Well, this stuff was originally designed for machine eyes only; later I added the toolbar command. I could make it a bit more forgiving, but now that you know the rules, it's not necessary anymore, right?

aurumdigitus

Post by aurumdigitus »

Petulance aside you are correct.

BTW - Is there a listing of the button names anywhere? The abbreviations are not given in Scripting Commands Reference|Toolbar.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

aurumdigitus wrote:Petulance aside you are correct.

BTW - Is there a listing of the button names anywhere? The abbreviations are not given in Scripting Commands Reference|Toolbar.
Nowhere, you have to find out yourself. :mrgreen:

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

admin wrote:Nowhere, you have to find out yourself. :mrgreen:
Or just ask XY: text toolbar();
go back fore up mru hotlist myco drives browsenetwork recbin refresh autorefresh refreshsus stop find props copypath openwith preview previewfull qfv favs favfiles tags cut copy paste clip moveto copyto backupto lasttarget goprev del nuke dosbox hidenav treeshow cat dp dp12 panelshow hightree panellast panelmax sort views viewlist viewthumbs conf savesett exitnosave udc cks fvs minitree lstmgmt newfolder calcfosi home newtab closetab locktab tablist showhidden showsystem showfolders visualfilter sticky steps money key ctb1 ctb2 ctb3 ctb4 ctb5 ctb6 ctb7 ctb8 ctb9 ctb10
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

aurumdigitus

Post by aurumdigitus »

Thank you.

That is really an Über toolbar you've got there. How do you get it to wrap or is it automatic? Haven't added that many buttons yet - but the edge of the screen is getting uncomfortably close. :wink:

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

aurumdigitus wrote:That is really an Über toolbar you've got there. How do you get it to wrap or is it automatic? Haven't added that many buttons yet - but the edge of the screen is getting uncomfortably close. :wink:
Oh it's not my toolbar, but one with all available buttons (and I believe I couldn't see most of them... the window was too small -- and no, there's no wrapping). My own TB has only ~10 buttons ATM.
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

aurumdigitus wrote:BTW - Is there a listing of the button names anywhere? The abbreviations are not given in Scripting Commands Reference|Toolbar.
I know you've seen this other thread, but I'll put a link to my post over there in this one so that anyone who finds this thread via search may get answer as well...

Here's a list of available button values as of date of this post:
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 002#p38002

Minor problem/bug: Related to this thread: When I returned "User Button #1" back to 'inventory' with it's values still intact, it put it at TOP of list instead of in the expected postition as UTB#1...humm? :?

Addendum/Update: But...the next time I went into Customize TB, it was back to the expected location, so must be just a temporary issue...it did make me wonder where the button went though while it was at top.
Last edited by j_c_hallgren on 07 Oct 2009 08:07, edited 2 times in total.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

j_c_hallgren wrote:
aurumdigitus wrote:BTW - Is there a listing of the button names anywhere? The abbreviations are not given in Scripting Commands Reference|Toolbar.
I know you've seen this other thread, but I'll put a link to my post over there in this one so that anyone who finds this thread via search may get answer as well...

Here's a list of available button values as of date of this post:
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 002#p38002

Problem/bug:Related to this thread: When I returned "User Button #1" back to 'inventory' with it's values still intact, it put it at TOP of list instead of in the expected postition as UTB#1...humm? :?
It's inserted at the current list position. I decided to go the expected list way, rather than recreating the default order.

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

@Aurumdigitus:

Do you mind in sharing that little script?
That comes handy if one could combine it with a "save/restore current tabs -preserving the OFFLINE ones once they can refer to unavailable external drives- and/or icons/CTBs" script, are you up to the job?
Saving to Catalog returns only the live ones, and one may want them to stay there just in case of a sort of reminder.
Thanks in advance!
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...