Backup w/log doesn't let go

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
jacky
XYwiki Master

Backup w/log doesn't let go

Post by jacky »

Using the command backupto to backup some items into another drive, I noticed that if you have (as I do) option to create a log file, once the operation is complete XY doesn't "let go"/release the folder where that log file has been written. Problem is, I backup to an external drive (and save the logs on that same drive) that I'd like to unplug after I'm done with it, and now each time I have to use Unlocker first, since XY won't let go.

So if you could close whatever is left open after the log has been written, that would be great :)
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

Lare2

Re: Backup w/log doesn't let go

Post by Lare2 »

I know this doesn't address your issue. But I found a program that may come useful, not only for when XYplorer does it, but to really know who's the culprit.

Take a look at it. http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Lare2 wrote:I know this doesn't address your issue. But I found a program that may come useful, not only for when XYplorer does it, but to really know who's the culprit.

Take a look at it. http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/
Oh sure, I'm using it all the time! My favorite shell extension. :D

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jacky wrote:So if you could close whatever is left open after the log has been written, that would be great :)
Yes, bug confirmed. Research brought up surprise: it wasn't me! :P It's the common dialog that let's you select a name for the log file. Okay, my bad common dialog code probably, so it was me. :( :wink: The good thing is: when I fix this it will fix the same problem whenever the common dialog is called in XY. Let's see...

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

Lare2 wrote:I know this doesn't address your issue. But I found a program that may come useful, not only for when XYplorer does it, but to really know who's the culprit.
Right, thanks, though as I said, I already know about it/use it. That's actually how I found out the lock on my USB drive came from XY ;)
jacky wrote:...now each time I have to use Unlocker first, since XY won't let go.
admin wrote:The good thing is: when I fix this it will fix the same problem whenever the common dialog is called in XY. Let's see...
That's good news indeed.
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Fixed! 8) Hard work, but finally got it. :D