Views is buggy

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Gandolf

Re: Views is buggy

Post by Gandolf »

I just did the same - a "cold start" (moved all my ini files out of the XY directory) and it's still the same so it doesn't look like an ini setting.

Shot in the dark - language that Windows is set to? I've known it to have odd effects on menus in other programs.

An added complication.

Switching from thumbnail view to detail the arrow keys in the list were very sluggish. I then realised that "creating thumb" was active in the status bar even though the list was in detail view. Should this happen? I would have expected that when I exited thumbnail view the thumbnail creation would have stopped.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Lare2 wrote:http://drop.io/aqhp7wq/asset/screencast-zip

Download that screen cast to see what we mean. Just extract it and run the htm file to see it. :)
OK, I saw the bug in the compiled version. Strangely it's not reproducible in my pre-compiled version. Gotta look deeper...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It should be fixed in the next version. The issue was a mysterious problem in drawing the menu. The correct checkmark was there, it just had not been drawn. :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gandolf wrote:An added complication.

Switching from thumbnail view to detail the arrow keys in the list were very sluggish. I then realised that "creating thumb" was active in the status bar even though the list was in detail view. Should this happen? I would have expected that when I exited thumbnail view the thumbnail creation would have stopped.
Yes, of course. Was it really "creating" or was the statusbar just out of synch?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

admin wrote:It should be fixed in the next version. The issue was a mysterious problem in drawing the menu. The correct checkmark was there, it just had not been drawn. :)
Just saw that it's still not fixed in 408. Wow. More research is due...

Lare2

Post by Lare2 »

admin wrote:
admin wrote:It should be fixed in the next version. The issue was a mysterious problem in drawing the menu. The correct checkmark was there, it just had not been drawn. :)
Just saw that it's still not fixed in 408. Wow. More research is due...
:lol: @ self reply

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

admin wrote:

Yes, of course. Was it really "creating" or was the statusbar just out of synch?
My guess is that it was creating because pressing down arrow and the selected row did not move. Holding down the arrow key, it would then jump several lines. That makes me think that XY was busy and not responding to the down arrow command. The rotating arrow was also active on the status bar so that information was being updated, which I assume indicates that it was not "out of sync".

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

Now it works correctly. :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

serendipity wrote:Now it works correctly. :)
Ah, finally! :D

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

Gandolf wrote:
admin wrote:

My guess is that it was creating because pressing down arrow and the selected row did not move. Holding down the arrow key, it would then jump several lines. That makes me think that XY was busy and not responding to the down arrow command. The rotating arrow was also active on the status bar so that information was being updated, which I assume indicates that it was not "out of sync".
Still not working:
Status bar shows - Creating thumb xxx/yyy (Esc to stop): filename
There is disk activity, so I believe it is actually creating the thumbnails.
Confirmed by turning on the cache - thumbnails have been created for all files.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gandolf wrote:
Gandolf wrote:
admin wrote:

Still not working:
Status bar shows - Creating thumb xxx/yyy (Esc to stop): filename
There is disk activity, so I believe it is actually creating the thumbnails.
Confirmed by turning on the cache - thumbnails have been created for all files.
True and fixed, thanks!