Views is buggy

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
serendipity

Views is buggy

Post by serendipity »

1) After changing the views to "List" from "Details" menu still shows details.
2) In list view when re-clicking on "Views | List" shows Details view instead of staying in list view.

Gandolf

Re: Views is buggy

Post by Gandolf »

I thought I'd reported this before but I can't find it. It seems to "stick" somehow, just switched from thumbnail (which was checked) to detail but thumbnail is still checked although view is detail.
Close and re-start XY, detail is now checked. Something related to reading / writing configuration??

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

BUMP!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

serendipity wrote:BUMP!
Cannot reproduce in 404.

Lare2

Post by Lare2 »

Yes it happens to me also on version ....404

Also something that may be related to this problem. Try the following to see a strange behavior.

1- Put the "Show Hidden Items" and "Views" buttons on your toolbar.
Image Image

2- Start with a list in "Details" view

3- Change the list view to "List"

4- Now click the "Show Hidden Items" button on toolbar and you will see that the list returns to "Details" view by itself

kapok

Post by kapok »

Using 404 here.
Thumbnails view.

I often need to change thumbnail resolution (thumbnails become corrupted when being made from a folder into which new images are being grabbed from Internet Newsgroups - this is long term, but I decided not to report as it is probably outside of what XY should provide).
Now when I right-click within the folder, the Views option results are now different, and a bit chaotic...

Right-click > Views > Thumbnails #1 to #3 are producing the same size thumbnail in slightly different positions, and clicking on the same # again toggles to Details view.
Thumbnail #2 stays resolutely ticked throughout.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Lare2 wrote:Yes it happens to me also on version ....404

Also something that may be related to this problem. Try the following to see a strange behavior.

1- Put the "Show Hidden Items" and "Views" buttons on your toolbar.
Image Image

2- Start with a list in "Details" view

3- Change the list view to "List"

4- Now click the "Show Hidden Items" button on toolbar and you will see that the list returns to "Details" view by itself
Ah yes, good one. Fixed.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

kapok wrote:Using 404 here.
Thumbnails view.

I often need to change thumbnail resolution (thumbnails become corrupted when being made from a folder into which new images are being grabbed from Internet Newsgroups - this is long term, but I decided not to report as it is probably outside of what XY should provide).
Now when I right-click within the folder, the Views option results are now different, and a bit chaotic...

Right-click > Views > Thumbnails #1 to #3 are producing the same size thumbnail in slightly different positions, and clicking on the same # again toggles to Details view.
Thumbnail #2 stays resolutely ticked throughout.
OK, thanks, should be fixed in next version.

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

v0406: problem still there.
For example: after changing views from Details to List, the check mark is still on Details. Interestingly after going to another tab and returning the check mark is updated to show on list now.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

serendipity wrote:v0406: problem still there.
For example: after changing views from Details to List, the check mark is still on Details. Interestingly after going to another tab and returning the check mark is updated to show on list now.
Cannot reproduce. How do you change views?

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

admin wrote:
serendipity wrote:v0406: problem still there.
Cannot reproduce. How do you change views?
Hmm strange that only i see this. To change views I right-click on the list.

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

You're not the only one - see earlier posts in this thread.

It doesn't seem to matter how you change the view, right mouse on list or tabs, mouse on menu or keyboard on menu.

Change from detail to thumbnails (or list) on the tab, view changes.
Right mouse on the tab, view shows detail.
Switch to another tab and back again, right mouse on tab now shows thumbnail (or list).

Lare2

Post by Lare2 »

serendipity wrote:1) After changing the views to "List" from "Details" menu still shows details.
2) In list view when re-clicking on "Views | List" shows Details view instead of staying in list view.
Bug stills there with Beta ......407

Steps to reproduce.

Starting with a freshly unpacked portable version of the latest beta (....407).
The list is now on its default view, in this case the Details view.

1- Click the Views button from the toolbar to change the list view to List view
2 - Now click again the Views button to see that the check mark did not change to reflect the change made.

Please note that as soon as you open another tab, the check mark updates to reflect the change. Also note that it doesn't matter to what you change the view to, the check mark still doesn't reflect the change. I just used the change from Details to List as an example here

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Lare2 wrote:
serendipity wrote:1) After changing the views to "List" from "Details" menu still shows details.
Bug stills there with Beta ......407

Steps to reproduce.

Starting with a freshly unpacked portable version of the latest beta (....407).
The list is now on its default view, in this case the Details view.

1- Click the Views button from the toolbar to change the list view to List view
2 - Now click again the Views button to see that the check mark did not change to reflect the change made.

Please note that as soon as you open another tab, the check mark updates to reflect the change. Also note that it doesn't matter to what you change the view to, the check mark still doesn't reflect the change. I just used the change from Details to List as an example here
I did that. 3 times. No luck. Works perfectly here. :?

Lare2

Post by Lare2 »

http://drop.io/aqhp7wq/asset/screencast-zip

Download that screen cast to see what we mean. Just extract it and run the htm file to see it. :)