Copying files to own seperate folders?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
kartal

Copying files to own seperate folders?

Post by kartal »

Hi

Is it possible to copy selected files to their own seperate folders(per file). I would like folders to be named based on files as well.

ale

Re: Copying files to own seperate folders?

Post by ale »

I have no knowledge of scripting :oops: it's only the second one I write, but I can offer this humble one line script waiting a better and complete solution

Code: Select all

$a = <curbase>.'.'.<curext>; new <curbase>, dir; copyto <curbase>, <curpath>.'\'.$a;
If we have one file selected and his name is hello.ext, it will create a folder called hello and it will copy the file inside it

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ale wrote:I have no knowledge of scripting :oops: it's only the second one I write, but I can offer this humble one line script waiting a better and complete solution

$a = <curbase>.'.'.<curext>; new <curbase>, dir; copyto <curbase>, <curpath>.'\'.$a;
If we have one file selected and his name is hello.ext, it will create a folder called hello and it will copy the file inside it
Works well it seems! Here's a little simplification using <curname>

$a = <curname>; new <curbase>, dir; copyto <curbase>, "<curpath>\$a";

kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

This is great. I do this sort of thing all the time. I've modified it to work on multiple selections so each selected item will be copied to its own named folder. Of course copyto can just as easily be replaced with moveto which is my preferred action.

//creates named folder for each
foreach($file, get("SelectedItemsPathNames", "|"), "|") {
   $folder = getpathcomponent($file, "base");
   new $folder, dir; 
//copies each to named folder   
   $path = getpathcomponent($file, "path");
   $name = getpathcomponent($file, "file");
   copyto "$folder", "$path\$name";}
I'm just a wee bit proud actually :biggrin: I think I've done pretty well for a relative newbie. I'd love to know if there is a better/shorter method I could have used.
Windows 10 Pro 22H2