Like a new feature? Say thanks here

Say it if you mean it...
lukescammell

Re: Like a new feature? Say thanks here

Post by lukescammell »

Thanks for the recent speed up to startup, makes it feel like the old version ( 7.8 ) was *REALLY* slow :D
Used to update to the latest beta every day. Now I have children instead…
Windows 10 Pro x64 (everywhere except phone…)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

lukescammell wrote:Thanks for the recent speed up to startup, makes it feel like the old version ( 7.8 ) was *REALLY* slow :D
Well, I think it's now faster than ever! Show me a version, including TrackerV3, that starts faster than this one!

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

admin wrote:
lukescammell wrote:Thanks for the recent speed up to startup, makes it feel like the old version ( 7.8 ) was *REALLY* slow :D
Well, I think it's now faster than ever! Show me a version, including TrackerV3, that starts faster than this one!
I agree, it has never been this fast for me ever.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

admin wrote:Well, I think it's now faster than ever! Show me a version, including TrackerV3, that starts faster than this one!
(Revised based on a few more cycles of curr vers)
As I posted in the other start-up thread:
j_c_hallgren wrote:Update based on 7.90.40:

Even more reduction in start time! Tried it a few times and avg is now down to about 517ms!! Presuming my conditions are similar to oldest tests, this means a total chg (1420ms>517ms) of an amazing 64% reduction in start time! :D Congrats, Don!!!

I can't recall XY in past EVER loading anywhere near that quickly!
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

Linkaday
Location: Hamburg, Germany - Win 10 Home v22H2 x64 1920x1080 (100%)

Post by Linkaday »

Finally Full Row Select is an option for me! I was aware that FRS from a visability POV and convenience in selecting always was superior. But i used to go to Options of any software that makes use of and disable it beforehand, because it makes deselection inconvenient. Because of it's coloring interface XY was superior before, i could have FRS disabled and still have my selection favorite color highlighted to the end of the row. But now FRS is perfectly done! Thanks, yet again, Don! :D

Makes me think of FRS could be default and Name Select + selected row coloring kind of obsolete :wink:

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

Linkaday wrote:Makes me think of FRS could be default and Name Select + selected row coloring kind of obsolete :wink:
Oh hell no! It's about taste I guess, but I've personally always hated FRS (in a file manager) and Highlight Focused Row is far from obsolete as far as I'm concerned, I love it/need it. FRS I really don't like, plus since my List always have columns on 100% of its width (well, minus the vertical scrollbar) I wouldn't have white/empty space, so no way.

By the way, little bug with the recent changes : the selection highlight doesn't apply on the left of column Name anymore, but the text color still changes as if it was highlighted!
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

Linkaday
Location: Hamburg, Germany - Win 10 Home v22H2 x64 1920x1080 (100%)

Post by Linkaday »

jacky wrote:
Linkaday wrote:Makes me think of FRS could be default and Name Select + selected row coloring kind of obsolete :wink:
Just kidding!
Oh hell no! It's about taste I guess, but I've personally always hated FRS (in a file manager) and Highlight Focused Row is far from obsolete as far as I'm concerned, I love it/need it. FRS I really don't like, plus since my List always have columns on 100% of its width (well, minus the vertical scrollbar) I wouldn't have white/empty space, so no way.
Same with me - but like it is now for the first time i can acquire a taste for it in some workflow.
And i had those in mind who i talked into XY who have it enabled all the time (feel a bit responsible for their XY experiences :roll: )!

kiku

Post by kiku »

v7.90.0075 - 2009-01-26 13:59
% Toolbar: Now you can repeatedly left-click a button real fast to get quickly repeated actions. Before, any sequences faster than your system DblClick time would be registered as a DblClick and not trigger a second action.
This was specially annoying when clicking the Up button very fast in the toolbar! Very good, thank you :D

eurytos

Post by eurytos »

I haven't been posting much lately but I wanted to say I am loving all the new features and I look forward to DP coming out soon!

Thanks again for all the work you put into this application I would be completely lost without it!

-Steve

PeterH

"Scripting V3.0"

Post by PeterH »

Hey - scripting V3.0??? (V7.90.0146)

Sad that I have no time to play with this at the moment, but the new commands
while/continue/break and
if/elseif/else
bring XY-scripting to the level of a "true scripting language"!

Surprised to see this just now,
and some day I will enjoy it...

Thanks a lot!!!

zer0

Post by zer0 »

While I don't take advantage of XY's tabbing ability (yet), I was very pleased to notice that Don has added a 'close' icon to tabs if you have 2+ of them open. Every application that has tabs simply must have this and I'm glad XY has joined the ranks. Many thanks for this!
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10
Always using the latest stable two-decimal build

Chris Wood

Post by Chris Wood »

v7.90.0164, 04-may-2009 to v7.90.0254, 07-may-2009:
Thanks for adding the options for configuring the close buttons on tabs.

The enhancement for dealing with overlong filenames is cool.
test everything. hold on to the good.

jacky
XYwiki Master

Re: "Scripting V3.0"

Post by jacky »

PeterH wrote:Sad that I have no time to play with this at the moment, but the new commands
while/continue/break and
if/elseif/else
bring XY-scripting to the level of a "true scripting language"!
Yep, that was a very nice surprise! Haven't had much time to play with those either sadly, but it's a very welcome addition to the scripting engine! :D (now all we need is user functions to feel really good ;))

Thanks a lot for this, Don.
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

scrotty

Post by scrotty »

I have v7.90.0302v7.90.0401. I'm lovin' Dual Pane. Thank you!
Last edited by scrotty on 01 Jun 2009 19:52, edited 1 time in total.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

scrotty wrote:I have v7.90.0302. I'm lovin' Dual Pane. Thank you!
Only at v302? :shock: You're a bit behind! It's up to v401 now, with v400 making some more major chgs in DP!
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.