New blog: XYplorer updates.

Say it if you mean it...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

j_c_hallgren wrote:BTW, I'm up to a total of 18 email subscribers (which is 16 users, as I and Don don't count).. :D Glad to know it's being used!!
Should be thousands!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

:oops: Sorry, jc, I once more forgot to update the date line. Yesterdays change long is from "v6.80.0063 - 2008-02-08 14:25".

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

admin wrote::oops: Sorry, jc, I once more forgot to update the date line.
Well!! I didn't notice it either! :oops: I just cut/paste and do the text edits needed, so guess I'll have to look closer at the timestamp!
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

BTW, your blog is now "officially" recognized by google:
http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch?q=xyplorer

You'll see the reference on top of the search results... (at least here and now).

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

admin wrote:BTW, your blog is now "officially" recognized by google:

You'll see the reference on top of the search results... (at least here and now).
Unfortunately, the second result is one that appears to be a site that posts cracks and such.. :(
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

j_c_hallgren wrote:
admin wrote:BTW, your blog is now "officially" recognized by google:

Unfortunately, the second result is one that appears to be a site that posts cracks and such.. :(
No problem. Cracks are just free advertisement for me. Apart from that, no sane user would work with a crack anyway.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Re: New blog: XYplorer updates.

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Earlier tonight, I posted the 300th Beta Update to my blog! So anyone who believes that XY isn't continually improved is sadly mistaken, IMHO.
(The first entry that I posted was a back-dated one for v6.10.00 of May 31, 2007.)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

j_c_hallgren wrote:Earlier tonight, I posted the 300th Beta Update to my blog! So anyone who believes that XY isn't continually improved is sadly mistaken, IMHO.
(The first entry that I posted was a back-dated one for v6.10.00 of May 31, 2007.)
Holy crap, wow! :shock: :D

lukescammell

Post by lukescammell »

JC, don't know if you ever found out about this, but if you're still doing everything by hand, this site might be useful ;)

http://www.elliotswan.com/postable/
Used to update to the latest beta every day. Now I have children instead…
Windows 10 Pro x64 (everywhere except phone…)

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

lukescammell wrote:JC, don't know if you ever found out about this, but if you're still doing everything by hand, this site might be useful ;)
Interesting! Yes, I'm still doing it manually...that's why I've gotten a bit behind...with these recent LENGTHY entries!

The worst part is not the < > but the spacing, as after I convert the text to proper font and add the bullet points and fix the word-wrap, I have to add in numerous (dozens!) of &nbsp; to get the indents correct.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

j_c_hallgren wrote:
lukescammell wrote:JC, don't know if you ever found out about this, but if you're still doing everything by hand, this site might be useful ;)
Interesting! Yes, I'm still doing it manually...that's why I've gotten a bit behind...with these recent LENGTHY entries!

The worst part is not the < > but the spacing, as after I convert the text to proper font and add the bullet points and fix the word-wrap, I have to add in numerous (dozens!) of &nbsp; to get the indents correct.
Hmmm, I quite sure you can do this job using XY scripting! Just don't have the time to try... :wink:

lukescammell

Post by lukescammell »

Code: Select all

<span style="font-family:courier new;">
You use that for the lists, just replace it with this

Code: Select all

<span style="font-family:courier new;white-space:pre;white-space:pre-wrap;">
There's two sets of "white-space" there because the first (pre) is CSS2 and supported by anything even remotely recent and the second (pre-wrap) is CSS3 and only supported by the latest gen of browsers - but it's much nicer as it allows the code to wrap on the screen without buggering up the white space when copying.

Give that a go with a bunch of text without the multiple spaces changed to &nbsp; ;)

Failing that, just do a find and replace to replace ALL spaces with &nbsp; - there no reason that won't work, and you can even do that with notepad.exe :D
Used to update to the latest beta every day. Now I have children instead…
Windows 10 Pro x64 (everywhere except phone…)