How to get the File Info Tips and Hover Box to work?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Post Reply
JamesMcBride
Posts: 35
Joined: 20 May 2015 16:18

How to get the File Info Tips and Hover Box to work?

Post by JamesMcBride »

Somehow I managed to lose all of my settings for XYPlorer, including the fact that it was registered. I had to re-register it, no big deal. But now I have to reset all of my Configuration items and I cannot figure out how I previously had my mouse-over tips working I used to have it set so that when I moused over a TXT file, it would show a preview of that file, same with a picture file or a PDF.
Now, I am experimenting with the settings in Configuration | Information | File Info Tips & Hover Box and none of my changes seem to be having any effect. I change settings there, and when I mouse over the icon, I still just get a pop-up that shows the filename and nothing else. Is there a setting (s) somewhere else that I need to change to make those changes work?

Thank you!
--Jim

Native2904
Posts: 151
Joined: 23 Apr 2025 18:48
Location: Aachen

Re: How to get the File Info Tips and Hover Box to work?

Post by Native2904 »

2JamesMcBride
Hi, you have to set a modificator key.
Lts. 64-bit XY-Port. ƒ JetBrainsMono @ Windows 11 Pro 24H2 ▣ 1920x1080 ⇵ 115%
xytags4tc

jupe
Posts: 3511
Joined: 20 Oct 2017 21:14
Location: Win10 22H2 120dpi

Re: How to get the File Info Tips and Hover Box to work?

Post by jupe »

Well this is the main setting you want enabled for that behavior,

Configuration | Information | File Info Tips & Hover Box | [x] Show Hover Box

Post Reply