illogical navigation?

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
alsoknownas_a

illogical navigation?

Post by alsoknownas_a »

Hello! I'm excite to have found XYPlorer, it's just what I need and I hope to buy a license soon. However, I'm dismayed at how easily I found a bug. When navigating between folders by clicking on them in the "path bar", we go where we expect to go, whether moving up or down the folder tree. However, if we subsequently try to jump off the displayed path in the path bar by double-clicking on a different folder in the directory listing, then we go someplace unexpected, usually up one higher folder (no matter what folder we clicked on). I doubt this is the intended behavior, because if we use the four arrows at the left side of the path bar we will not go in an unexpected direction when we double-click a folder.

Thank you,
Adrian

jupe

Re: illogical navigation?

Post by jupe »

Logically, you actually need to be double clicking on the item name, not anywhere on the line in the blank space, however if you want it to work like that, enable that feature first.

Tools | Customize List | Full Row Select

and it's less likely because you mentioned dbl click, but if you actually meant the tree, when you said "directory listing"

Tools | Customize Tree | Full Row Select

alsoknownas_a

Post by alsoknownas_a »

There is no problem with selecting nor clicking on things - whether it's a single-click or double-click on the text, icon, or blank space on the line - that's all working fine, as expected. What's illogical is where I end-up after clicking on a location.

You'll have to forgive me if I don't know what we're calling the different areas of the XYplorer window. I assumed that the "tree" is that region at left where all the directories are expanded-out from each other in a tall list. And i am not using that "tree" for this bug report. By "directory listing" I was referring to [one of the two] regions where the contents of a directory are listed - files and also other subfolders. And by "path bar" I meant [one of the two] lines where the path is written-out in the usual format C:\WIndows\System\ etc.

I've played-around some more and discovered more clues. Turns-out that if I go down into the subfolders of a directory, it seems that XYplorer learns its way around and I can jump around as much as I want - either by single-clicking on a foldername in the "path bar" or by double-clicking on a foldername in the "directory listing". BUT, if I double-click on a subfolder in the "directory listing" that I haven't gone to visit before, it's as if XYplorer can't figure-out that it needs to go up and then back down again into the new location. So instead, I end-up unexpectedly being in one directory HIGHER.

I could post a little video of it if it would help.

highend

Post by highend »

I could post a little video of it if it would help
Make a .gif animation and attach it to your next posting
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Because of
alsoknownas_a wrote: 01 May 2024 11:26 H usually up one higher folder (no matter what folder we clicked on).
I suspect "double-click on white spaces goes up" to be the culprit.

What's your setting for the higlightet configuration (don't remember the default for "... in breadcrumb bar")? Does your problem go away if set to "none"?
d-click config.png
d-click config.png (38.23 KiB) Viewed 39 times