Zoom Address Bar seperately

Features wanted...
MBaas

Zoom Address Bar seperately

Post by MBaas »

Maybe my eyes are getting worse - but when trying out evolved expressions (with lots of " and ' and ; or : etc.)in the address bar I found that I can do that MUCH easier if the address bar is zoomed - to a level where file lists exploded (well, not exactly - but I'm comfortable with those at a much lower zoom).

Is there a chance to set the fonts for address bar separately and/or zoom it independently?

MBaas

Re: Zoom Address Bar seperately

Post by MBaas »

Aaaaah...and then he understood the meaning of the "Apply to..." Button the Fonts config! :whistle:

matewo

Post by matewo »

Hi MBaas,

I have switched to a monospaced font (named Fira Code, but others like Cascadia or Consolas should work as well). Maybe give it a try (and report your experiences)!

Best regards, Markus

MBaas

Post by MBaas »

Oh yeah, I hadn't thought about changing the font as well - but Cascadia that really makes a difference! :tup:

MBaas

Post by MBaas »

...eccept that "Apply to..." does not work as I thought it would. Will have to find out if I misunderstood..

matewo

Post by matewo »

Hi MBaas,
MBaas wrote: 15 Apr 2024 15:56 ...eccept that "Apply to..." does not work as I thought it would. Will have to find out if I misunderstood..
what works for me:
  • Set all (four) fonts and their sizes as you would like them, don't care for the address bar for now. Have all six options in Apply to ... checked.
  • OKay (or APPLY) the config window.
  • To change font size just for the address bar, change size for the "Main Contents" font, open Apply to ... and uncheck all five options except Address Bar (let just Address Bar checked)
This should change font size for the Address Bar only. List, Tree, Catalog, Address Bar, Tabs and Breadcrumb Bars share the same font, but could have individual font sizes.

Is this, what you want to achieve?

Best regards, Markus

MBaas

Post by MBaas »

I think I ran into a situation where "Apply to" was set to ab only and the font was changed in the lists etc. as well - but unfoirtunately I don't have time right now to look into a repro. (And I'm slowly getting used to Cascadia everywhere...)
Hopefully when there is a bit more time (hopefully in May) I can look into this again.