[Solved] Clicking on a folder in tree or via a tab,the CEA tab switch script is displayed

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
klownboy

[Solved] Clicking on a folder in tree or via a tab,the CEA tab switch script is displayed

Post by klownboy »

First issue: [Solved - see below :roll: ] When I change folder locations by clicking on a tab or by some other means, like clicking a folder in the tree, I see the text of the script assigned for CEA "Tab switch" written across on the screen. I don't think that should happen and it's very odd. This happens whether I click on a folder in the tree or on a tab itself. The text you see in the pic is my script assigned for CEA Tab switch.

Second issue: If I change folder locations to one which happens to have a tab, but I change to this location not by clicking on the tab itself but some other means like a Link on my tree or clicking the folder in the tree, shouldn't the script assigned for CEA Tab switch still work or should I say still "be invoked". The tab is made current or active on the tab bar, but the CEA script is not performed. I would have thought it would be.
CEA Tab change script written across screen when clicking on a tab.jpg
CEA Tab change script written across screen when clicking on a tab.jpg (99.77 KiB) Viewed 97 times
I'm quite sure the first issue just started with v25.80.0303 or possibly the beta just prior to that one. The second issue may have been like this for some time.
Last edited by klownboy on 11 Apr 2024 03:05, edited 2 times in total.
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

jupe

Re: Clicking on a folder in tree or via a tab,the CEA tab switch script is displayed

Post by jupe »

First issue looks like your CEA script isn't indented properly, or that stream comment is messed up (no closing */?).

The second issue sounds like a scripting issue too, do you in any of your CEA browse events (changing location) temporarily disable CEA, or anything similar (or via AHK), if you try temp setting them to action none, does your Tab Switch CEA then work? Or I remember you scripting something that only happens if your cursor is above the tabbar, could that be interfering? My event seems to always fire when its meant too.

klownboy

Re: Clicking on a folder in tree or via a tab,the CEA tab switch script is displayed

Post by klownboy »

Yes thank you jupe. It was the "*/". I put a comment at the very bottom of the script today and had no closing */ . Darn! The script itself was/is fine and always working. :roll: :whistle:

On the second issue. I have no other CEAs that involve changing locations (i.e., "Changing locations" and "File Operations" are all set to "None"). I'll do more digging in the morning though.

So jupe you're saying, when you change a location by clicking a folder in the tree, it will trigger a Tab Switch script just as if you clicked directly on a tab? Ok then, it's seems odd that in my case, the tab is being highlighted as the current tab as it should be when that same folder in the tree is selected, but the CEA script is not invoked. I'll check more in the morning.

Thanks again.
Last edited by klownboy on 11 Apr 2024 03:01, edited 1 time in total.

jupe

Post by jupe »

I just had a closer look at your screenshot, it starts with checking ControlAtPos() == TAB, so no wonder it doesn't fire.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

jupe wrote: 11 Apr 2024 02:52 it starts with checking ControlAtPos() == TAB
OK jupe that would be it then. Thanks. :tup: