Scripting ways to interact when selected files?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Skettalee

Scripting ways to interact when selected files?

Post by Skettalee »

Like when you open Task Manager and in the details you can right click a process running and click Search Online to quickly get to somewhere credible about what that file is, as well as seen on other programs mostsly Microsoft ones, SysInternals. Is there a way we could maybe right a script or button or some function that lets use possibly put it a website, search engine or something like maybe even a way to quickly with possibly one click have it load a browser and maybe go to chat gpt and ask the question "Tell me everything you know about _____HIS FILE_____ and what it is necessary for" or whatever someone else might want to add to a prompt to quickly search even if its just to get the selected files name and search that name to get a list of things to help you find out more? Maybe there is something in the OpenAi APi where we could accomplish something that way. Just wondering if that is possible and how I would accomplish it? If not, is it a feature possibly to come in a future version? Have a happy new year everyone!

highend

Re: Scripting ways to interact when selected files?

Post by highend »

Open a simple google search?

Code: Select all

$url = "https://www.google.com/search?q=" . <curname>;
    open "$url";
AI: If you know an AI that you can feed with a simple url do the same above, if not, you'd need to write a wrapper (in a different language than xys!) that is able to communicate with an AI via an api-key...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Skettalee

Post by Skettalee »

thank you so much for the reply. So I made this on a button after I go your reply :
$url = "https://chat.openai.com/?prompt=Tell+me ... can+about+" . <curname>;
open "$url";

I will continue to work at making a better version probably through api key so I can make something that doesn't even take you out of being inside XYPlorer to get the information about a selected file, like a popup or something. but this is a great start for sure!

highend

Post by highend »

With my wrapper (made for ChatGPT) it can look like this (I've chosen to ask a question from XY instead of sending the current file to it)...
Animation.gif
Animation.gif (202.97 KiB) Viewed 640 times

Skettalee

Post by Skettalee »

Oh cool, how did you make that? or where could i get your wrapper? Not sure what a wrapper is though

highend

Post by highend »

Link and script removed, write it yourself if you need it

Skettalee

Post by Skettalee »

Why did you add a link to a file that gets flagged by anti virus? and says its ChatGPT, but chat gpt is a website. That confuses me

highend

Post by highend »

And you think that I care about 4/72 scanning engines that falsely detect the .exe as a virus?
You are confused about how I name a program? Rename it to "This wrapper tool will contact the ChatGPT api and delivers back a result.exe"

Skettalee

Post by Skettalee »

ok, yeah i wasn't able to actually get cause winrar gave me an error but redownloaded. I didn't know because you just said proof of concept and i didn't know if you meant the script as a whole or the exe file, that something you made? If you dont mind me asking more, what language you wrote it in? I used to code when i was a kid/teen to my early 20's in GWBasic, then QBasic, and Visual Basic and later HTML, css and some php but now that i've been getting into stable diffusion I am interested in probably doing some coding again just to learn some new stuff and try to make some things to use, do you suggest a certain language for someone to learn maybe to do something similar like your exe, i really actually havent ran it yet so i dont really know what it does but just an idea from you animated gif.

Skettalee

Post by Skettalee »

Hey i have been trying to figure out why my script isn't working and just not realizing about step mode so it showed me that is dont think the chatgpt.exe file is in a certain location. It all started with me having it in program files (x86)\Xyplorer\ so i moved it to c:\_damien\ location which is really just a symbolic link to the actual folder on D: drive. so the first time it was probably not working because there was a space in the link, second time im guessing it was because it was just a symbolic link but i cant understand it not finding this file from its exact location. Anyone see what im not see?
Screenshot 2024-04-02 051502.png
Screenshot 2024-04-02 051502.png (267.91 KiB) Viewed 88 times