Actions Back History crashes

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
altoclef

Actions Back History crashes

Post by altoclef »

Whenever I click on the Actions Back History drop down on the Undo toolbar button, XY crashes, sometimes with the error:
Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range
My settings are:
  • Show last actions in toolbar button menu: Yes
    * Allow non-sequential undo/redo
    * Show options in menu: Yes
I've tried turning the first option off and restarting XY, then turning it back on and restarting again, but that has not cleared the problem.

I understand the error message: an array or a collection doesn't have an element that is expected. I infer that one of XY's config files has become corrupted. Is that correct?

If I am correct, please could you tell me which config file it is and whether I might be able to identify and manually fix the issue in List Management or do I need to delete the file and let XY create a new one.

If there is another cause, please could you advise how I can fix the problem.

jupe

Re: Actions Back History crashes

Post by jupe »

The file you want is called action.dat you can open its containing folder with this menu cmd:

Go | Go to Application Data Folder

But I think you should email yours to the dev in hopes that he can repro your crash and possibly fix its cause, you yourself won't be able to modify the file, you can try clearing it by right clicking the button, or del/moving the file (+exit without saving) though. Contact email is on homepage.

altoclef

Post by altoclef »

Thank you for your reply, jupe.

I hadn't thought about right-clicking the button; when I did so, I could display the Action Log dialog with what looked like the complete contents of action.dat down to the 'Prehistory' entry at line 0, so the file itself seemed to be readable by XY.

Having taken a backup, I then used the right click menu to clear the log; this has solved the crash.

Thanks for pointing me towards the solution and your helpful suggestion that I contact the dev.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Next time send me your action.dat file so I can fix it before you do. :)

altoclef

Post by altoclef »

As I wrote, I took a backup first. :)