Drag & Drop

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
ttratl

Drag & Drop

Post by ttratl »

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong - but does drag & drop have a set number of actions?

I use drag & drop a lot, and XY will happily do it, and then suddenly offer up a no entry icon when trying to dop on a folder. Almost like it's run out of memory or something.

My solution is to restart XY and it starts working again. I haven't managed to count how many times drag & drop works until it stops working - but it feels like it varies a little - not sure.

Any ideas?

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Re: Drag & Drop

Post by admin »

ttratl wrote: 13 Mar 2024 16:07 ... but does drag & drop have a set number of actions?
Nope, of course not. How many drops roughly can you do before it stops working?

ttratl

Post by ttratl »

Sorry - I should have done some proper testing first - but I thought maybe there was a limit.
I've just managed about 15 before the No Entry sign. They were of varying numbers of files (all images - jpgs), and dragged to folders outside of the current folder - so dropped onto a folder in the left pane, and also to sub folders of the current folder, so within the right pane.
It stopped this time immediately after I'd used an AutoHotKey renaming script - so I thought that might have been the culprit. But I restarted XY, ran the script again and the drag & drop was fine.
Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Whatever it is, it's certainly not an XYplorer bug. Something from the outside is interfering.