Two weird things I can't figure out :(

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
bubbalicious

Two weird things I can't figure out :(

Post by bubbalicious »

Am using latest version of program, licensed user, have Win10 Pro.
Two weird things since the last couple of updates, and I don't know how to fix them. Help!!
1) On external main and backup SSD drives (genealogy files), files I have labeled a yellow color to show it has been sourced/cited in genealogy program is all of a sudden not showing the yellow color I chose. I haven't changed any program options, so I need to know why the program is doing this and how to fix it. The *only* things I changed recently were the SSD drive names and program options are still "volume serial number."
2) In the last day, part of my C: drive Documents folder list has this light yellow coloring but file names below the folder listings are white background/black text (see image). What's up with that and how to fix??

Thank you for your help! Please be specific with fixes!
Nikki

admin
Site Admin

Re: Two weird things I can't figure out :(

Post by admin »

1) Tools | List Management | Tagged Items... will show you the contents of the tags DB. You will immediately see if there are any stale or incorrect paths.

2) I see no image. :)
Attachments
XYForumAttachImage3.png
XYForumAttachImage3.png (46.59 KiB) Viewed 178 times

bubbalicious

Post by bubbalicious »

My bad! See attached file.
Nikki
Attachments
xyplorer forum example.png
xyplorer forum example.png (5.3 KiB) Viewed 168 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you don't like it untick Tools | Customize List | Show Folder Row Colors

bubbalicious

Post by bubbalicious »

IT WORKED!!! Woohoo! Don't know how the "Show Folder Row Colors" got ticked, but un-ticking it did the trick. Thank you!

Any ideas on the yellow label coloring issue on file names? I checked the Tools>List Management>Tagged Items like you suggested and all files that are supposed to be yellowed are there in the list, but just are not showing as yellowed in the file list when looked at in XYplorer. Does changing the SSD names in Computer Management have anything to do with it?

Nikki

highend

Post by highend »

Check the serial numbers?

Go to the Computer / This PC entry in the tree, switch the view mode to details
There you can see the serial numbers of attached drives.
Compare them with what is used in the tag.dat file
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

bubbalicious

Post by bubbalicious »

Thank you! Will not be able to do that til tomorrow; gotta shut down and unplug system from wall because storms are rolling in with rain, thunder and lightening. Will let you know what I find out.
Nikki

bubbalicious

Post by bubbalicious »

Okay, I got busy doing other things, but here's what I found out about tagging and serial numbers:
I looked at the tag.dat file and serial numbers seem to be the same part of the way down, then they change. Don't know what's up with that other than me changing the drive name.
In the end, it probably doesn't matter because I've figured out another way to know for sure if genealogy files have been sourced/cited in my genealogy program and that is just to make a file list from the XYplorer sub-directory folder, put it in a table in a docx file and yellow the rows I've sourced/cited. That's the only way I can know for sure, without XYplorer, of sourced/cited files and it would be kept on my C: drive to be readily available.
Thanks for your help, though, and if there's anything else I should check please let me know.
Nikki