Capability of toggling a CEA acion to "none" from currently assigned action

Features wanted...
klownboy

Re: Capability of toggling a CEA acion to "none" from currently assigned action

Post by klownboy »

admin wrote: 28 Feb 2024 20:20 I agree on all points: It would have been better, and now it's too late. :)
Yes, I thought so. I was hesitant to bring it up for that reason. Thanks.
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Don, I've noticed that with CEA for "Switch tabs" set to "Run script", the assigned script will run on many occasions when a folder is simply clicked on in the tree or list panels (i.e., not just when clicking the tab itself). Of course, this is in part due to having a "default" tab set such that when you click on a folder that doesn't have a tab locked tab assigned, it is seen as a tab change to the default tab. But it happens even if a default tab is not assigned. So, the assigned script ends up being run on many occasions that we really may not want or need it run. It's easy to check this by assigning a script like e "Switch tab script actuated";

Would it make some sense to have a tweak or option that would run the script assigned for "Switch tabs" only when the tab(s) itself is clicked on. I say option because some users may want it for folder changes taking place via the tree or list panels. Granted, I can solve the problem by leading off the assigned Switch Tabs script by checking the cursor is on the tab bar with SC ControlatPos() , but I don't think it should be necessary...maybe a wish I suppose.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'd rather keep it as simple as it is now.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Okay Don, I can use the following lines to keep the script limited to or invoked only when a tab is clicked.

Code: Select all

if(gettoken(ControlatPos(), "1", " ") LikeI "TAB") {
     ...the actual script...
  else {
    end 1;
  }
Of course unfortunately the script stills runs, but at least it will exits quickly if you're not clicking on a tab.