Program not calculating folder sizes plus tooltip / hoover box issue

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Skettalee

Program not calculating folder sizes plus tooltip / hoover box issue

Post by Skettalee »

When loading the app today I noticed that my shortcut key for calculating folder size wasn't working. THrough that found out that it just isn't working at all for some reason when i even click to calculate from the menu as well as tool tips, this has been something that I dont think even showed up from the start I just dont get any information in any tool tips more than the file name which i already have cause im looking at it. I show those 2 things in this clip :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jA9rLn ... sp=sharing

Not sure what else you might need from me for troubleshooting but here is what I could think up :
https://i.ibb.co/sjHnJF2/Strip-2.png

highend

Re: Program not calculating folder sizes plus tooltip / hoover box issue

Post by highend »

You've ticked:
Configuration | General | Tree and List | [x] Show cached folder sizes only
?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Skettalee

Post by Skettalee »

No that is not checked should i check that? Actually i think the calculate size it not working is because that one hard drive that those files are under is having problems, or maybe thats why cause the drive just crashed right after i made this post but I have been running a scan on it because right now its working if i do calculate folder size on any other locations on my computer, sorry about that. But still the tool tip thing is weird why it wont work, I also should report that I tried to just get a tool tip to show up in windows explorer and it doesn't come up there either. Would you know anything about that?

Skettalee

Post by Skettalee »

I have sense just turned off the auto calculate folder size as it was making the program run much slower any way with that feature always checking everytime i move to a different directory, but does anybody know what could be the reason that I dont get any tool tips minus just the name of the file and as far as hoover boxes, I dont even know what they look like cause I have never gotten them to pop up no matter what i do in my settings to try to turn them on. Also I noticed after i realized i wasn't seeing any good tooltip minus just the filename that on the desktop or in windows explorer i dont see any tool tips no more either.I have tried anything I could find online that suppose to bring tool tips back. would it be an issue with xyplorer blocking windows tool tips and windows blocking xyplorer for some reason? no clue nor dont know what else to try other than reformat the complete machine which is the biggest headache that takes about 4 whole business days to bring my system back to where it is now with all the programs installed and preferences and settings for each set too.

Skettalee

Post by Skettalee »

I want to report that my windows explorer tool tips are back now finally. I dont know what I did to make it work but I researched and went to registry but the key was already set to 1 and nothing else in windows showed a place to change any tooltip on or off but after i restarted this time I finally have tooltips, but thats inside Explorer, Not XYplorer, so what is it that I have to do in xyplorer to get tools tips and/or hoverbox to show up. I have turned them on they both are on and ive tried the shift holding the icon over and the file over hoovering stuff and they dont show up. Well nothing shows up except for just the FILENAME of the file that i am already hovering over and can see, so it is useless now and redundant.

jupe

Post by jupe »

Most likely is that you have enabled this for some unknown reason:

Configuration | General | Menus, Mouse, Usability | Usability | Show verbatim tooltips