New feature request --->Please add the feature to make the xyplorer window transparent

Features wanted...
djnevilmorgan

New feature request --->Please add the feature to make the xyplorer window transparent

Post by djnevilmorgan »

Please add a customizable feature that can used by users who are interested in making xyplorer window transparent in windows 11 and others ,,...when doing it make sure to add the ability to select the level of transparency in a percentage bar and ability to select on which window it gonna affects like (1)make all window (2) or any selected window.

I have personally try this feature using a third party software to make xyplorer window trasparent and it looks absolutely fantacy and feels like very modern ,but i would like to have this feature inbuilt so it is much more reliable and smooth.so please try to add this feature ,it will take the xyplorer to the next level and this might be the best feature to add to xyplorer and definitely this will get lots of user attention .

admin
Site Admin

Re: New feature request --->Please add the feature to make the xyplorer window transparent

Post by admin »

I thought the days of Aero (Vista 2007) were thankfully over? Don't tell me it's coming back.

djnevilmorgan

Re: New feature request --->Please add the feature to make the xyplorer window transparent

Post by djnevilmorgan »

There are lot of people who love the transparent effect ..if some people dont like it ,so make it a customizable feature so people who like it can choose it and people who dont like it keep it in default way, A real customizable file manager sholud not only have feature you like ,but also that you dont like because people are different what one guy is like is completely hated by someone else .

Mikkis

Post by Mikkis »

I absolutely love tranparency, I was using Files app a long time because it looks so modern, but I got pissed how slow and feature poor it was, so I had to crawl back to xyplorer and it looks so ancient with no glass, mica or other new cyperpunkish UI elements.

Luckily I found a app from softpedia (TranspWnds) that turns glass effect for any windows with alt+scroll up/down and bro it looks freaking awesome! I highly recommend anyone who wants xyplorer look 2024 instead of windows 95.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-m ... in-windows
I use this one https://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-E ... Wnds.shtml

I did malware and virustotal checks and file seems clean but I always recommend to double check when you download exe files from internet.
Attachments
yCSMyHSwcx.png
yCSMyHSwcx.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 827 times
Last edited by Mikkis on 22 Jan 2024 14:46, edited 1 time in total.

GreetingsFromPoland

Post by GreetingsFromPoland »

hi! tread carefully if you download the app referenced in this thread.

here are the VirusTotal results :
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/88d ... 1684824855
Image-003.png
Image-003.png (77.65 KiB) Viewed 813 times

Mikkis

Post by Mikkis »

Did you download it from the softpedia? I run virustotal on the zip file getting one result and unzipped exe file getting clean result so I highly think its false positive. In any case this is reason why we wished to have this feature build in xyplorer because I hate viruses...

GreetingsFromPoland

Post by GreetingsFromPoland »

hi! yes, it was downloaded directly from softpedia using the link you provided.

Mikkis

Post by Mikkis »

I actually noticed this too that the "Transparent windows" app the second on the list did came out with virus warnings, I used the "TranspWnds" third on the list that was "clean" or I hope it is, because I have no idea about viruses I just trust virustotal and malware bytes checks as is, that is why I also remind people scanning files they don't trust. I got once a file that was actually a exe file faking to be something else mp4 or something like that, you get babooozed once you check your shit since then :,)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Are there more people out there interested in reduced readability as an option?

Mikkis

Post by Mikkis »

It's not reduced if it's done right, here is a perfect example of how it looks good and gives the modern look.
Attachments
image.png
image.png (1.46 MiB) Viewed 628 times

kluv

Post by kluv »

admin wrote: 23 Jan 2024 11:14 Are there more people out there interested in reduced readability as an option?
LOL and Absolutely!