Go to [path] on newtab

Features wanted...
MrSmithr

Go to [path] on newtab

Post by MrSmithr »

When right-clicking the new tab button it would be nice to have the option to go to the path that has been copied to the clipboard prior. Just saves a bit of time and makes for a smoother experience.

highend

Re: Go to [path] on newtab

Post by highend »

You could already add that functionality via scripting and double / middle click on a the existing tab
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Rather than copying the path to the clipboard wouldn't it be easier to just Shift + Click the folder to open it in a new tab?
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

MrSmithr

Post by MrSmithr »

highend wrote: 18 Jan 2024 01:49 You could already add that functionality via scripting and double / middle click on a the existing tab
Perhaps this is true; however, I do not want XYplorer to navigate to a new path in the existing tab. I would like the result to be a new tab with the path specified. Also, My time is quite limited and cannot take the time to learn the scripting language hence the request.
RalphM wrote: 18 Jan 2024 03:43 Rather than copying the path to the clipboard wouldn't it be easier to just Shift + Click the folder to open it in a new tab?
It's not a directory that I wish to enter. It's the path to a new location. Similarly to the web browser, you have an address and right-click a new tab which automatically opens a new tab with whatever data is copied to the clipboard as the "address". If it's an address then it resolves correctly otherwise it just searches; I realise that this isn't the entire functionality that I'm requesting for as I just want it to navigate to a complete path when right-clicking. Although this is a nice tip, thanks :).

highend

Post by highend »

Configuration | General | Custom Event Actions
Clicking on Tabs | Double or Middle click, Action = Script

Script = if (exists(<clp>) == 2) { tab("new", <clp>); }

Done...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

MrSmithr

Post by MrSmithr »

highend wrote: 18 Jan 2024 14:18 Configuration | General | Custom Event Actions