XY won't start after reboot

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
jupe

Re: XY won't start after reboot

Post by jupe »

Do you think it is a good idea to use the path to the AutoBackup folder tag file?, which will probably get overwritten every time you save your tag db, or +24hrs.

Schuller

Post by Schuller »

What should the path be? I'm just going by what is working right now.

highend

Post by highend »

TagDatCustom=
Then it's using the default tag.dat file
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Schuller

Post by Schuller »

Okay, that's odd. As I mentioned before, I deleted that drive F: path and left it empty just as you had suggested and I even did a screen recording of myself doing that, which I just reviewed again right now, and XY in my recording did not start. Possibly what I did wrong was navigate to that XYplorer.ini file through XY and edited it while XY was open. I noticed right upon closing/saving the configuration file in the notepad editor that XY immediately created a tag.dat at 1KB in size in C:\Users\Kurt\AppData\Roaming\XYplorer. So I closed XY and open it again and it had not started. That is when I changed the path to the AutoBackup and it started. So now I changed it back again to TagDatCustom= and it starts no problem even after restart :? . When I started XY though I noticed all my comments and tags gone so I copy and pasted the tag.dat file from the AutoBackup to C:\Users\Kurt\AppData\Roaming\XYplorer and it replaced the existing tag.dat and my comments and tags are back again. I verified the editor again after all this just to be sure and its still TagDatCustom= and everything appears fine.

highend

Post by highend »

There is nothing odd here. If you edit the .ini while XY is running it will overwrite it again on close (if not configured otherwise or quit via File - Exit without Saving)
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Schuller

Post by Schuller »

Yes, you're right. The final time I edited that TagDatCustom= was not with XY open. It's working perfect now.
Thanks for all the assistance on this.