Allow us to customize the Hover Box's hotkeys

Features wanted...
1024mb

Allow us to customize the Hover Box's hotkeys

Post by 1024mb »

Please, for the love of Zeus, let us either customize it or add an option to change the default hotkeys to a Ctrl+ version.

I use Type Ahead Find a lot and 8 out of 10 times the Hover Box hotkeys get in the way and instead of typing I'm constantly unintentionally changing settings (because the cursor is -also- unintentionally hovering a file), in fact once I have set up the Hover Box I very rarely need to change it's configuration, so please, add an option to have alternative hotkeys.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Allow us to customize the Hover Box's hotkeys

Post by admin »

Makes sense. This will come:

Code: Select all

+ Hover Box: Now you can force holding down CTRL to trigger one of the one-letter 
      hotkeys while the hover box is displayed.This itself can be toggled by a one-letter 
      hotkey:
        X: Trigger hotkeys with/without CTRL
      Tip: The current state of this setting is shown in the Hover Box Tips dialog (F1) 
      where it says "Hold down the CTRL key to trigger these hotkeys:" if CTRL is forced.

1024mb

Post by 1024mb »

Thank you, working great! :tup:

1024mb

Post by 1024mb »

Hey, the configuration is not saved when XYplorer exits. I have just pressed X then tried pressing the shortkeys and it works but upon closing and relaunching I have to press X again because the option deactivates itself (or is not saved).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gosh, you're right! :eh: :oops: Next beta...