Branch view - live filter box - keep only parent folders visible when children have results

Features wanted...
PlorerXY6

Branch view - live filter box - keep only parent folders visible when children have results

Post by PlorerXY6 »

Can you add this feature?

I like the branch view/live filter box combo when searching, but find I either have too many folders (when "Let folders pass all filters" is on) or not enough folders (when it's off) to understand the hierarchy visually, I know there's the path column, but visually I like the indents of having just a bit more clue with the parents folders. I thought that as a feature request, the parent folders if there are any children file (or folder name) results could stay in as a sub-option to Let folders pass all filters.

And also can you add "Let folders pass all filters" and any related future options to the Live filter box context menu rather than just in Options where you have to navigate to it (and allow keyboard shortcut?).

admin
Site Admin

Re: Branch view - live filter box - keep only parent folders visible when children have results

Post by admin »

Try /flatnoempty :)

aka Configuration | Find and Filter | Find Files & Branch View | Branch View | Default branch view type --> Files and non-empty folders

LittleBiG

Re: Branch view - live filter box - keep only parent folders visible when children have results

Post by LittleBiG »

I requested it back then. 8)