Any possibility of video showcases of new features on Youtube?

Features wanted...
okumam

Any possibility of video showcases of new features on Youtube?

Post by okumam »

I follow the update notes and the forums to see what's new, but if you had some short videos showcasing features, that would be lovely. I would watch these videos just for entertainment and inspiration!

CompSystems

Re: Any possibility of video showcases of new features on Youtube?

Post by CompSystems »

There are hundreds of features that I think very few take advantage of, because although everything is in the update texts, our brain captures voices and images better than text.

bossi

Post by bossi »

Would agree to that , some functions / features get overlooked , via Video content one would better get a grasp of all the possibilities and understand what is possible.

jupe

Post by jupe »

I agree too, some users put in effort and take advantage of the excellent documentation to learn the new/existing capabilities, meanwhile others don't, and miss out on the the extensive capabilities that XY provides, because they feel like they are owed a video tutorial of every feature.

DmFedorov

Post by DmFedorov »

jupe wrote: 17 Sep 2023 08:27 I agree too, some users put in effort and take advantage of the excellent documentation to learn the new/existing capabilities, meanwhile others don't, and miss out on the the extensive capabilities that XY provides, because they feel like they are owed a video tutorial of every feature.
The question is who will do it and in what form.
In my opinion the maximum that the author can do is to give the green light to those who will make such videos best of all, the maximum that he can do is to view them and post them on his site. Even so, it's a big load.
The form of demonstrating the program's capabilities also plays a huge role.
One thing is a long video, another thing is a short video or gif file explaining the help file.
In addition, you can write scripts that can also (and often can even do it better) demonstrate the capabilities of the program.

And since all this really takes a lot of time and requires very good knowledge of the program, I consider such proposals unrealistic until people, for some reason, start doing it themselves.

And why on Youtube? Youtube allows you to earn money, but as a means to learn the program faster... it's unlikely.