[Tweak] MUSDFolderContentsPreviewExternal=

Features wanted...
xy123

[Tweak] MUSDFolderContentsPreviewExternal=

Post by xy123 »

Folder Contents Preview is not getting enough love IMO, so why not allow us to use external, dedicated utility like MenuApp?

Code: Select all

MUSDFolderContentsPreviewExternal=C:\Program Files\menuApp\menuApp.exe
If you implement this Tweak, Folder Contents Preview could look like this (gif animation):

Faster.gif
Faster.gif (311.46 KiB) Viewed 379 times

xy123

Re: [Tweak] MUSDFolderContentsPreviewExternal=

Post by xy123 »

Or even better you could add this to Custom Event Actions: Clicking on Folder Icons.

This way we could use Scripting and do whatever we want with Left, Middle and Right Click on folder icons.

highend

Post by highend »

There is already a middle-click on folders event? And clicking on line numbers could be used as well so if you really want to use that app, you already can.

@all: Beware...
While the app seems to work fine by just calling it with a folder to display, don't try to use its extended functionality
E.g. the template config file has a Desktop Double entry (double click on the desktop => Display a menu)
Apart from not displaying what it should the app starts to use 100% of the processor core it runs on...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

xy123

Post by xy123 »

Both are in use here (Open in new tab and Sticky selection).
highend wrote: 22 Aug 2023 07:53 @all: Beware...
There is also even more powerful ShortPopUp. I didn't mention it because it works great in Windows 10, but not so in Windows 7 and lower, because sometimes it is shortening paths and this could lead to unexpected archives renames.

Suprised to see you not supporting new CEA, you are probably keyboard oriented user.

highend

Post by highend »

I have nothing against new CEAs but instead of waiting for new features, use existing ones until (if ever) you'll get them
Both are in use here (Open in new tab and Sticky selection).
You are aware of <get trigger callshift>?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

xy123

Post by xy123 »

No, but I'm mouse oriented user and that shift in callshift means to hold Shift (or Ctrl/Alt) key?