Custom File Icons not working for empty folders on network drive

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
daniel_m

Custom File Icons not working for empty folders on network drive

Post by daniel_m »

There seems to be a regression affecting Custom File Icons in v24.70 and 24.80. On my network drive, some custom file icons work perfectly fine, while the ones for empty folders and "access denied" don't work.

Working fine on network drive:
*\><xypath>\XYicon_FolderGeneric.ico //matches all folders
code\><xypath>\XYicon_FolderEmpty.ico

Not working on network drive:
*\ /en><xypath>\XYicon_FolderEmpty.ico //matches all empty folders
*\ /xn><xypath>\XYicon_FolderDenied.ico //matches all inaccessible folders

I tested this with ::fresh;, and "Show icon overlays", "Check for existence of subfolders in tree" and "Auto-refresh" activated for network locations.

jupe

Re: Custom File Icons not working for empty folders on network drive

Post by jupe »

The logic changed in newer versions, /n is no longer required, you need to right click the CFI button on the toolbar (add it temporarily if necessary) and then enable Network drives there instead.

daniel_m

Post by daniel_m »

Ah, that did the trick. But ... is there a configuration setting for this? Having to add a custom toolbar button to configure the network drive behaviour seems unintuitive. Especially when the network drive is a NAS connected directly via 2.5 or 10 Gbps Ethernet.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, I'll think about a place where to put it. Not easy to find something more intuitive.

daniel_m

Post by daniel_m »

admin wrote: 14 Aug 2023 22:56 Yes, I'll think about a place where to put it. Not easy to find something more intuitive.
Oh, not surprising, considering the number of features XYplorer offers. I hope you manage to figure out a solution that works for everyone.

It is amazing to see that you still implement new features that are actually useful, after all the improvements in XYplorer that make me hate every single time I use the original Windows Explorer :biggrin:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

daniel_m wrote: 14 Aug 2023 23:10 I hope you manage to figure out a solution that works for everyone.
I won't. :)
daniel_m wrote: 14 Aug 2023 23:10It is amazing to see that you still implement new features that are actually useful, after all the improvements in XYplorer...
Indeed. In fact, what I added today (Apply Default Folder View) will make my life significantly easier and I wonder why I did not add this 10 years ago. :eh: