Script for opening a target folder in a new tab?

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
fozzibab

Script for opening a target folder in a new tab?

Post by fozzibab »

Solution provided, ignore this thread!

Basically I'm just looking to add a button to the toolbar that runs a script when clicked that opens a specific folder (let's call it Z:\Cheese) in a new tab. Since XY doesn't have a simple Chrome-style bookmark bar and probably never will at this rate, this seems like the closest alternative solution (I've tried fiddling with the catalogue, don't like it).

I've been searching for something to work with for hours now with no luck, and I'm hoping someone here could help with it, as I'm pretty much illiterate when it comes to writing scripts.

I did read through this thread (viewtopic.php?t=24408) as well, and you'd think that would have exactly what I'm looking for, but there's nothing there that's usable. Tested the script that's provided with edits that seem correct, but I get syntax errors and can't get the thing working. I don't really know what I'm doing, unfortunately.
Last edited by fozzibab on 24 Jul 2023 09:40, edited 3 times in total.

highend

Re: Script for opening a target folder in a new tab?

Post by highend »

You get syntax errors from a simple tab("new", "Z:\Cheese");

I doubt that :mrgreen:
if XY just had a bloody Chrome-styled bookmarks/favorite bar
Use the catalog for that?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

fozzibab

Post by fozzibab »

highend wrote: 24 Jul 2023 09:34 You get syntax errors from a simple tab("new", "Z:\Cheese");

I doubt that :mrgreen:
if XY just had a bloody Chrome-styled bookmarks/favorite bar
Use the catalog for that?
That...isn't the script provided in that thread I linked! It's all ass-backwards, no wonder it wasn't working. :oops:

I did attempt to fiddle with the catalogue but it really seems like a convoluted solution for something that's classically just requires a drag-and-drop.

Thanks very much! That's all I needed, I'll delete this now...assuming I can actually do that.

Edit: And...I can't do that.

highend

Post by highend »

but it really seems like a convoluted solution
The catalog supports drag & drop so it is actually a favorite "bar" (or at least: it can be used as one)

fozzibab

Post by fozzibab »

highend wrote: 24 Jul 2023 09:40
but it really seems like a convoluted solution
The catalog supports drag & drop so it is actually a favorite "bar" (or at least: it can be used as one)
Hmmm, okay so the problem I guess is that nothing I attempt to drag and drop actually gets dropped. Not sure what I'm doing wrong there, but also there doesn't appear to be a way to make it appear horizontally beneath the address/tool bar. I can separate it from the nav tree to the other side of the screen, though.

highend

Post by highend »

Animation.gif
Animation.gif (967.59 KiB) Viewed 492 times

fozzibab

Post by fozzibab »

Understood, I neglected to actually add a category to the catalogue, which prevented my being able to drag stuff to it. Thanks very much! I guess this is the best I can hope for.

Cheers, very helpful!