Request for Multi-Monitor Support with Different Scaling Factors in XYplorer

Features wanted...
WangTx

Request for Multi-Monitor Support with Different Scaling Factors in XYplorer

Post by WangTx »

Dear XYplorer Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I am a long-time user of XYplorer, and I have always been impressed with its powerful features and intuitive interface. I am reaching out today to request an enhancement that would significantly improve the user experience for those of us who use multiple monitors with different scaling factors.

Currently, XYplorer does not seem to fully support multi-monitor setups where the monitors have different scaling settings. I have encountered a few issues when using XYplorer in such a scenario. For example, when moving the XYplorer window between monitors, the interface elements do not automatically resize according to the scaling settings of the target monitor. This often results in text and icons becoming too small or too large, making it difficult to work efficiently.

I believe that adding support for multi-monitor environments with varying scaling factors would be a valuable improvement for many XYplorer users. With the increasing prevalence of high-resolution monitors, it is becoming more common for users to have different scaling settings on each monitor to optimize readability and usability.

I kindly request that you consider implementing this feature in a future update of XYplorer. This enhancement would not only benefit me but also many other users who rely on XYplorer for efficient file management in multi-monitor setups.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and for your continued commitment to the development and improvement of XYplorer. I look forward to seeing this feature in a future version of the software.

Best regards,

wang

admin
Site Admin

Re: Request for Multi-Monitor Support with Different Scaling Factors in XYplorer

Post by admin »

Hi wang,

sorry for the late reply. I agree with everything you say, but so far I have not found a good solution. And I have tried hard. The best I can offer at the moment is this:

In Windows 10/11, right-click the shortcut to XYplorer.exe, and do this:
Properties > Compatibility > Change Settings for all users > Change high DPI settings > High DPI scaling override > Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by: System (Enhanced)

See here for details: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22333

Don

moguiyu

Re: Request for Multi-Monitor Support with Different Scaling Factors in XYplorer

Post by moguiyu »

This solution kind works with scarifies the resolutions across different monitory DPI settings.
that's truly a pity but good to know it is an known issue.

tried many other tools, Xy still my fav for many reasons.

avivariba

Post by avivariba »

The solution unfortunately doesn't work for me, for it makes the text blurry or pixelated one way or another:

Default/Application

125% = perfect:
default125.png
default125.png (10.92 KiB) Viewed 451 times
100% = fine, but the application and text are huge:
default100.png
default100.png (10.46 KiB) Viewed 451 times

System

125% = text is blurry:
system125.png
system125.png (28.25 KiB) Viewed 451 times
100% = perfect:
system100.png
system100.png (9.4 KiB) Viewed 451 times

System (Enhanced)

125% = fine, a little blurry but usable:
systemenhanced125.png
systemenhanced125.png (28.36 KiB) Viewed 451 times
100% = text is doo-doo:
systemenhanced100.png
systemenhanced100.png (10.29 KiB) Viewed 451 times

I tried playing around with the window and font sizes which seemed to work alright for me (definitely better than any of the above), but the one problem remaining would be the application's title bar size as that one remains huge at 100% by default. So I too just let it be for now.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just to make sure: these horrible screenshots are from a multi-monitor setup after moving the app to another monitor with a different resolution, right?

moguiyu

Post by moguiyu »

admin wrote: 18 Jul 2023 19:09 Just to make sure: these horrible screenshots are from a multi-monitor setup after moving the app to another monitor with a different resolution, right?
Im not the one make the screenshot but i can confirm i observe such behavier while moving xyplorer from one monitor to another.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Probably cannot be improved. Let's hope for Windows 12.