SlideShow [v1.7]

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
jupe

Re: SlideShow [v1.7]

Post by jupe »

I can see from the screenshot 1 issue, not sure if it is the only one though since I haven't looked at the script, but XY now requires the filter to have spaces around the | sep.

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

jupe wrote: 24 Jun 2023 20:17 I can see from the screenshot 1 issue, not sure if it is the only one though since I haven't looked at the script, but XY now requires the filter to have spaces around the | sep.
Wow, nice eye, thanks a lot Jupe! :appl:

Indeed, the "items don't match" bug can easily be fixed by changing this line:

Code: Select all

$ImgExt = "*.jpg|*.jpeg|*.png|*.gif|*.bmp"; 
into this one:

$ImgExt = "*.jpg | *.jpeg | *.png | *.gif | *.bmp";
And my bad: I am still using XYplorer v24.40 (still, with "strict" syntax ON), and I didn’t think it could have been broken in a later release… Yet it is, in 24.60 also.
To be honest, it’s very rare that (non-beta) updates break old scripts.

I could post a quick update, but I’d rather delve deeper/longer and see how things evolve on this "filter" front.
I’ll keep you updated.

jsboudreau

Post by jsboudreau »

FluxTorpedoe wrote: 24 Jun 2023 20:55
jupe wrote: 24 Jun 2023 20:17 I can see from the screenshot 1 issue, not sure if it is the only one though since I haven't looked at the script, but XY now requires the filter to have spaces around the | sep.
Wow, nice eye, thanks a lot Jupe! :appl:

Indeed, the "items don't match" bug can easily be fixed by changing this line:

$ImgExt = "*.jpg|*.jpeg|*.png|*.gif|*.bmp"; 
into this one:

And my bad: I am still using XYplorer v24.40 (still, with "strict" syntax ON), and I didn’t think it could have been broken in a later release… Yet it is, in 24.60 also.
To be honest, it’s very rare that (non-beta) updates break old scripts.

I could post a quick update, but I’d rather delve deeper/longer and see how things evolve on this "filter" front.
I’ll keep you updated.
Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for helping me with this. Changing this line

and uncommenting out this line since I had to comment it out before to make it work

filter $ImgExt;
worked out great. There is no more No Valid Images to show error.

Also thanks FluxTorpedoe adding this line

$Part_Timer = ($Part_Timer < 1)? 1 : $Part_Timer;
was exactly what I was looking for. Now I can put in 0.001 or even 0.0001 to make the slide show run as fast as possible creating an Image Sequence player.

You guys are awesome and so is XYplorer. Best file managing software I ever used. I thought total commander was pretty good but it had it's limitation. This software does everything I need and then some.

Thanks,
Jason
Last edited by jsboudreau on 25 Jun 2023 01:48, edited 1 time in total.

jsboudreau

Post by jsboudreau »

FluxTorpedoe wrote: 24 Jun 2023 11:25 Hi,

I got this message This view is empty. 151 items don't match the current filter.
I can’t replicate this one…
What is the extension of your image files, is it really "png"?

———————————————————————————

how hard would it be to make the image play back as fast as possible.
That’s possible indeed!
(Of course the real speed will depend on the size of your images / previews already generated or not)

Find the following line at the end of the script (around line ~166)

$Part_Timer = ($STG_Timer / 50); // Smaller loop to facilitate Esc detection
And add this line after it:

$Part_Timer = ($Part_Timer < 1)? 1 : $Part_Timer;

When this is settled, I’ll post a update with this speed fix, and another minor fix.
Tell me how things go.
Hi FluxTorpedoe,

Just curious when the SlideShow / Image Sequencer is running do you need to have it visually show it switching between the images. Just wondering if that could be shut off, would it help even more with playback performance.

Thanks,
Jason

jsboudreau

Post by jsboudreau »

Hi FluxTorpedoe,

Also is it possible to add an option to get the slideshow to run in the preview pane not a floating window or full screen.

Thanks,
Jason
Last edited by jsboudreau on 25 Jun 2023 04:27, edited 2 times in total.

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Glad it’s working for you! :)

jsboudreau wrote: 25 Jun 2023 02:05 Just curious when the SlideShow / Image Sequencer is running do you need to have it visually show it switching between the images. Just wondering if that could be shut off, would it help even more with playback performance.
I fear I don’t know what you’re refering to with "visually show it switching between the images".
Here in fullscreen, there’s no indicator at all, except the fact that the images change. Maybe you have the status visible (toggle with "S")?
Or are you talking in Window mode where, in the list view behind the preview, we see the selection moving from one file to the next? (but that’s unavoidable)

jsboudreau wrote: 25 Jun 2023 04:24 Also is it possible to add an option to get the slideshow to run in the preview pane not a floating window or full screen.
Nice idea…
OK, I’ve implemented it!
A little more tricky than I thought, so I’m still checking/debugging.