Sort by Date Last Saved?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
zoso69

Re: Sort by Date Last Saved?

Post by zoso69 »

This is strange. Now Explorer shows Date Last Saved dates exactly the same as Date Modified. On that basis, what's the point of Date Last Saved?

jupe

Post by jupe »

Like I have been saying, Explorer just mirrors the date in that column from modified (unless the extra metadata is avail), and based on what you reported (that the date differs) I assumed your torrent client must have been writing the extra metadata into the Date Saved column, and if that was the case then that date will show up in XYplorer using the same column, like in my screenshot, but I added the date manually using the method I thought your torrent client was using, so it's functionally possible, but whatever app you are using has to support writing the date.

So did you check those torrent download folders?

zoso69

Post by zoso69 »

Yes jupe, that was the reason for my original post, because the dates differed. Something changed since then because they're now all the same, I don't understand. But at least the date now correctly represents when I first downloaded the torrent folder.

jupe

Post by jupe »

It is possible that when you apply the colors using Folder Marker it is overwriting the date metadata, that is if you used it on those folders. Just know that if the date is available that XYplorer will show it.

zoso69

Post by zoso69 »

Excellent point, that might well be the reason. I know I'm going O/T but how easy would it be to use XYplorer's folder colourer instead? I presume with that being 'in-house' that it wouldn't affect the date modified?

jupe

Post by jupe »

No it absolutely won't overwrite the date, here is a link to some info, and there is more in the help file.

https://www.xyplorer.com/release_12.40.php#CFI

zoso69

Post by zoso69 »

Many thanks for all your help Jupe.