Viewing photos contained in a folder

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
LindaLooUK

Viewing photos contained in a folder

Post by LindaLooUK »

I have 64bit Windows 11 on my PC.

If I open the regular file explorer at a folder that contains a number of photos, after opening one of the photos with the native Photos app, I can cycle through all the photos by clicking on the arrows either side of the current image.

In XYplorer the image opens in Photos but there are no arrows allowing navigation through the rest of the images.

Is there a tweak or some setting that I could deploy that might enable this feature?

Thanks folks. 😊

RalphM

Re: Viewing photos contained in a folder

Post by RalphM »

Either use F11 to open a file in the Floating/Full Screen Preview and then scroll through the other images with arrow up/down or add a CFA definition as follows to your Open With list (CFA stands for Customized File Associations, a powerful feature of XY you should read up on in the help file)

Code: Select all

"Windows Photo Viewer" {:Image}>::run """%SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe"" ""%ProgramFiles%\Windows Photo Viewer\PhotoViewer.dll"", ImageView_Fullscreen <curitem>";
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

LindaLooUK

Post by LindaLooUK »

Thanks very much Ralph. This is very helpful: I'll look into this further. 👍

LindaLooUK

Post by LindaLooUK »

Sorry to bring this up again but...

Am I right in presuming that it's not possible to use the CFA feature with natively installed Windows UWP apps? I'm particularly referring to Microsoft Photos which is located somewhere like:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2023.11030.27009.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\

Thanks again. 😊

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

LindaLooUK wrote: 23 May 2023 17:16 Am I right in presuming that it's not possible to use the CFA feature with natively installed Windows UWP apps? I'm particularly referring to Microsoft Photos which is located somewhere like:
You may want to review this thread here for more background. viewtopic.php?p=210805#p210805 Microsoft Photos will not open the selected image via CFA, that's not the case with all UWP apps. CFAs do work with OnePhotoViewer, a UWP app that's probably better than Photos.

"OnePhotoViewer|D:\Graphics\Icons\butterfly_blue.ico" png;jpg;jpeg>openwith "shell:appsFolder\48914EllipticPhenomena.OnePhotoViewer_8w313s78tpvfc!App";
The selected image will also open in Windows Photo Viewer.

"Windows Photo Viewer|:openwith" {:Image}>::run """%SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe"" ""%ProgramFiles%\Windows Photo Viewer\PhotoViewer.dll"", ImageView_Fullscreen <curitem>";
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

LindaLooUK

Post by LindaLooUK »

Thanks very much for your input and for pointing me at the other thread - this is very helpful. 👍

I've downloaded and started using OnePhotoViewer which is good BUT it doesn't appear to have the facility to straighten images so I'm looking around for something else that might fit the bill.