Onedrive for business junction search

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
thecon

Onedrive for business junction search

Post by thecon »

Hello!

This might not be a bug, but in the past few days, onedrive for business (the one with blue icon) has updated itself and search in Xyplorer within those containers seems to be broken in said process.

See following screenshot from my folder O:\Working\:
Screenshot 2023-04-21 173321.png
Screenshot 2023-04-21 173321.png (52.66 KiB) Viewed 183 times
Up to a few days ago, I could search ("Find Files") in o:\ for files within those purple folders, but I can no longer do it. In fact, after the update of onedrive for business those folders became purple (like junctions). Checking "Follow folder links" does not help. The only way to find files within those purple folders is by inputting the purple folder paths explicitly in "Location", i.e.

o:\;O:\Working\_PROJECTS - SILVERSANDS;O:\Working\ETHNOKAT CONTRACT- SS-01-CC-P1

Personal OneDrive does not have this problem, even if I manually changed the path of it. Personal lets you do that.

One noteworthy detail: Onedrive for business lets you change the default path for libraries only via registry hacks. And that's what I have done a few months ago with no problems in file searching. It's just that the recent onedrive update that changed some inner workings that now prohibits xyplorer file searching.

Perhaps Xyplorer can adapt and enable searching again within those folders.

Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Onedrive for business junction search

Post by admin »

Is this ticked?
Configuration | Find and Filter | Find Files & Branch View | Find Files | Follow junctions

thecon

Re: Onedrive for business junction search

Post by thecon »

Gosh, you are right. That did the trick.

Didn't think that "Follow folder links" from find files would be enough. Turns out you also need that config option too.

Thanks a lot! Not a bug after all.