Load Layout submenu with available layouts & layout should remember window size/location

Features wanted...
woofy31

Load Layout submenu with available layouts & layout should remember window size/location

Post by woofy31 »

I switch layouts quite often and it's become quite annoying that I have to always open up a dialog window to pick the layout when switching layouts.

It would be awesome (and easy to implement) if the "Load Layout..." would actually be a submenu listing all the saved layouts in XYplorer's layouts folder, basically like every other app out there does that offers a "workflow" or "layout" feature :)

Since we're still at the Layouts feature, why doesn't the layout remember window position & size, currently selected tabs, etc.?! I have to always change window size & active tabs depending on the layout I chose because it won't remember them :(

klownboy

Re: Load Layout submenu with available layouts & layout should remember window size/location

Post by klownboy »

I'm not weighing in on this, but you may want to check out Session Manager viewtopic.php?t=8691 or if that does much more than you need (i.e., if all you need is layouts) then you should also check out LayCat and LayCatTools in this thread viewtopic.php?t=11898&start=30. Be sure to get the latest update that corrects syntax errors later in that thread hereviewtopic.php?p=177422#p177422

If you are scripting to get to your layouts, you could also use undocumented scripting commands winpos [left=0], [top=0] and winsize [width=0], [height=0] to position and size XY's window. Refer to this thread viewtopic.php?p=120827#p120827
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440