TabFilterPopup Script

Discuss and share scripts and script files...
klownboy

TabFilterPopup Script

Post by klownboy »

Simple script which pops up a filter menu when you double click on a tab. Set it up with a CEA on double or middle click of Tab.
Config > CEA > Clicking on Tabs > double-click (or middle) Tab > Run script > load "<xyscripts>\TabFilterPopup.xys";
I suppose you could even use it on a CEA for right click on white in list panel. I included the icons in the zip. Since your mouse is quite often positioned on a tab to change folders, I find using this quick and easy to quickly filter to find a file.

UPDATE: TabFilterPopup_v 1.1
- I noticed after uploading this script that "Day" was bolded. Unfortunately, that was a hold over from another personnal script which uses "states" of a corresponding CTB. Easy to fix, but for this update, I decided to make use of bolding feature in popupmenu to highlight the current global "Age" filter.
- Also addded a new menu item for "other" filter which will only appear if there is filter applied other than the GVF Age filters that the menu cycles. In this case, the only "other" filters considered are get("gvf");get("VisualFilter");get("livefilter");
- If a global age filter and a "other" filter is in affect, then the age filter will win out and be the bolded filter
- If "other filter" appear on the menu and you click it, all recognized filters, global, visual, and live will be removed. As opposed to clicking on a normal age filters menu item, only that global age filter is removed.
- I hope you can get some use out of this. Please let me know if you experience any issues.
- Works nicely with CEA right click on list panel white space as well as CEA double click on tabs

TabFilterPopup.jpg
TabFilterPopup.jpg (28.11 KiB) Viewed 401 times
TabFilterPopup.jpg
TabFilterPopup.jpg (23.7 KiB) Viewed 284 times
TabFilterPopup_v1.1.zip
(1.15 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
TabFilterPopup.zip
(182.75 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

klownboy

Re: TabFilterPopup Script

Post by klownboy »

Updated the TabFilterPopup script to version 1.1. See the first post for a description of changes.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440