Preview html file created by SingleFile

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
jupe

Re: Preview html file created by SingleFile

Post by jupe »

Firefox has nothing to do with it, but maybe there is some option in SingleFile that saves it differently that allows viewing without an extension, I haven't used it personally. For example can you view the sample in the original post?.

Wheathead

Post by Wheathead »

Firefox has nothing to do with it, but maybe there is some option in SingleFile that saves it differently that allows viewing without an extension, I haven't used it personally. For example can you view the sample in the original post?.
Sorry, perhaps I misunderstood the post - not about html file preview in XYPlorer?
And for me Firefox has something to do with it, I use it in configuration to preview html files that I save with SingleFile (with Chrome or Firefox or Edge). What did I miss?

jupe

Post by jupe »

It is not about normal html preview, it is about files saved using the Chrome extension SingleFile, which are special html files, not just using the Save As dialog of the browser, which I think you might mean?. And no Firefox isn't providing that preview.

Wheathead

Post by Wheathead »

I think what I am trying to say is that the html file I pictured in the preview is exactly a saved html file that was saved via SingleFile. I'm aware it's different even though it uses .html extension. What I was trying to demonstrate is that Firefox browser, as a default browser renders the preview of SingleFile html in XYPlorer. I use SingleFile every time I save a browser page in Firefox or Edge. They all preview in XYPlorer. Some are perfect, some not so well formatted, but all preview. And all were SingleFile saved. All of them. Windows Explorer won't show them, but Firefox browser setting in configuration shows them.
Attachments
2023-03-29 17_13_46-Configuration - XYplorer @ C__Users_jpmui_AppData_Roaming_XYplorer_XYplorer.ini .png
2023-03-29 17_13_46-Configuration - XYplorer @ C__Users_jpmui_AppData_Roaming_XYplorer_XYplorer.ini .png (7.79 KiB) Viewed 217 times

Wheathead

Post by Wheathead »

This browser page was opened in Edge browser and saved via the extension SingleFile. The preview is shown.
Attachments
2023-03-29 17_20_28-.png
2023-03-29 17_20_28-.png (193.05 KiB) Viewed 212 times

jupe

Post by jupe »

I think the issue might be the original poster is possibly using SingleFileZ not SingleFile, anyway I shouldn't give anymore bad advice on this subject since I have used neither, I was basing my original reply on the sample provided.

Wheathead

Post by Wheathead »

My bad, Jupe — I missed the SingleFileZ reference. It's probable the 'Z' version of SingleFile is not viewable but I can't confirm or deny that.

Here's a comparison of SingleFile with SingleFileZ and the SingleFileZ appears to be a zipped alternative so that users can mine the resources in the browser page saved. So perhaps the original question by houaiss could be answered by trying the SingleFile and not the SingleFileZ forked extension. Not sure if Chrome as a configuration setting would preview it or not. Firefox set in configuration of XYPlorer previewer for html does allow preview. User houaiss could view the technical information here on the differences of SingleFile and SingleFileZ:

https://github.com/gildas-lormeau/Singl ... ussions/91

Thanks,
Wheathead