A couple of things eluding me

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
jaydear

A couple of things eluding me

Post by jaydear »

I've been using Windows since v3 point whatever and I'm familiar with a few things in there, so I'd like to set a couple of things in XYplorer to ease the transition away from plain vanilla Windows Explorer. However, despite how good the built-in Help is I can't find solutions to two things:

1. In Windows Explorer (or MacOS, or Linux, etc.) when you click in the name field of a file or folder it is selected no matter exactly where you click, but XYplorer needs me to get exactly over the name or it just doesn't happen and the result is confusion - which is the last thing I need when I'm manipulating my precious files. How can I get it working like Windows Explorer please? I do like the popups over filenames and icons so hopefully they can remain if the whole field is clickable for file management.

2. This one is just a minor annoyance, but it is limiting the amount of love I can have for XYplorer! Down in the bottom right corner of the app is an information field. The idea is OK, but I don't like it boasting about how quickly it found the info, it's just distracting when it continually updates and that's totally unnecessary. I'd be quite happy with the little tidbit of filesize info, but, again I can't find where to stop it bragging about how quick it is. Can you assist?

Some years ago Norton Utilities included a file manager called XTree Gold for Windows. It was amazing at the time and offered a flat file list option (like XYplorer) and advanced searching capabilities, advanced file zipping, advanced file content display, etc., etc., but they killed it never to be seen again. I also used XTree Gold for DOS back in the day and still have ZTreeWin which is a limited imitation at the end of it's rope now. I hope I'm backing a long-living winner with XYplorer because it certainly has a lot going for it so far.

jupe

Re: A couple of things eluding me

Post by jupe »

1. Tools | Customize List | Full Row Select
  2. You can hide the statusbar completely with
    Window | Show Status Bar
    else a less extreme option would be right clicking it, and disabling "Smart Section Sizing" which should push most of those msg's you mention further to the far right, so unless your XYplorer window is maximized or really wide the msg's might get slightly hidden, also by selecting "Live Filter in Status Bar" from the same context menu it'll help this cause.
              >>>>>> Moved topic to T&T, Q&A

jaydear

Re: A couple of things eluding me

Post by jaydear »

Magic! Thank you :D