Missing Confirmation Buttons in Windows 11 "Ok"

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
plazmid009

Missing Confirmation Buttons in Windows 11 "Ok"

Post by plazmid009 »

Hello,
Since upgrading to Windows 11, I noticed that I no longer have any confirmation buttons on ANY of the Configuration Menus, such as "Check For Updates" or the "Configuration Menus" The "Ok" and other buttons in the lower dialog are now all conspicuously missing.

Any hints would be great, as this is now my "go-to" file explorer. With the disablement of the "Move to, Copy to" functions from the Dual Pane File Actions (Which I use all the time, and now can't), I find I can't enable them in the config because I can't confirm my changes. (This changed in 24.20.400, .300 had this context menu still enabled)

BTW, I was forced to upgrade to Win 11 by my company. I got permission to use XYplorer since I work with LOTs of files and logs.

Thanks!

Update!
Both Issues were resolved with a lot of tinkering.
It took completely exiting XYplorer and restarting to bring back the Confirmation Dialogs.
The Move-to and Copy-to dialogs seem to have been disabled in the latest build by default. I got them back by clicking the tick box for "Move,Copy,Backup to" in the "File List" sub-menu of the "Menus, Mouse, and Usability" Configuration Menu, which is how I discovered the missing context buttons. Thank goodness some old posts showed where this tick box was, or I would have been searching for a long time. Please warn us when the devs are going to disable context menus. I see some don't like these. I happen to be one who loves them and uses them frequently.

Thanks,
A happy user.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Missing Confirmation Buttons in Windows 11 "Ok"

Post by admin »

Hey,

thanks for the feedback!

1) That OK-button issue was almost certainly a Win11 hiccup.

2) Copy/Move to other pane: Alright, I will make it independent of "Move,Copy,Backup to". But congrats that you found that by yourself. It was really hidden!

A happy dev